Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lyns_112 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Uses pee pad to pee, but never to poop
    I have a Chihuahua that’s about 3 months and I trained him to use pee pads in the house, he was doing really good so then I bought a litter box with no lid and put his pee pad in there to try and get him to be box trained, he wouldn’t use it, and started peeing and pooping on the floor, so I took the pad out of the box and he started using it again just fine, but only to pee, he won't poop on it, at all! I cleaned every spot in the house he has used and still keeps pooping all over the house, I show it to him every time tell him no and put him on his pad, I praise him when he does use his pad and give him treats, I’ve been really consistent with trying to train him, after he poops and tell him no, put him on his pad, I put him in his crate for time out, I’ve tried everything, nothings working, and I watch him and I will pick him up and put him on his pad and he just looks at me, might go pee but eventually walks away from his pad and poops. I've tried smearing poop on his pad and even leaving some on his pad, nothing works. Someone please help. And yes I've tried taking him outside he just stares at me for 10 minutes, I take him inside and he goes straight to pee on his pad, but never poops there even if its clean and hasn't been peed on.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Watching dogs outside, they will pee, and then go away and poop somewhere else. Try a second pad a little ways away from the first.

I am a big believer in outside. If you try it again, make him walk around. They can only walk and hold it so long. Be ready with the lavish praise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Blood in poop sometimes [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I just got a silky, right now he's 10 weeks When we 1st got him, we've didn't have problems with him eattin or pooping I went to the pet store to get food, they said that I can know give him hard food.. so I did Then like 4 days lata he started to have some blood in his poop. So we gave...

Puppy poop [ 7 Answers ]

Does your dog or puppy's poop turn green (dark green) when they have eaten grass? Mine has eaten a lot of grass in the garden the last 2 days, and today her brown poop was half green.:confused: :D

Help! My poop puppy [ 9 Answers ]

I just recently adopted my dog a German Shep. X. from the local humane society and for the first four days she was great. So much energy. Now she won't eat a thing and keeps throwing up early in the morning. She is still pretty playful but you can see that she is tired. I brought her the vet and at...

Help with doggie poop [ 1 Answers ]

I need some advice on what to do with my 4 1/2 month old labradoodle. Throughout the night on Friday my puppy had diarrhea- the kind that just spews out of him. We didn't give him any food on Saturday, but tried to get him to drink lots of water and gave him some gatorade too. We began giving him...

Pet poop [ 10 Answers ]

I can't stop my shelty from craping in my basement. He does it when I am in bed or in the shower. I bring him out he just pee's. I stick his nose in it. He is 2 years old and I thought he would not do this anymore! What can I do?:confused:

View more questions Search