Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Donna_H. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2004, 02:53 PM
    Inserting a row in Excel
    I am trying to insert a row and keep getting this error message that it cannot shift non blank cells off worksheet. I have never seen this before and never had a problem inserting a row, what do I do.
    always_learning Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2004, 11:24 PM
    Inserting a row in Excel
    I think you have inadvertently clicked in the extreme top left corner of the excel document to generate this error message. I got the same error message through experimenting.

Try right clicking in cell A1 and select "insert" to create a row.

Hope this helps you.
    devpari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2004, 04:00 PM
    Re: Inserting a row in Excel
    You have accidentally reached bottom of the spreadsheet ( Row 65,000 +) and have either pressed a space bar or copied/pasted date there.

Excel identifies that as an end of the worksheet area and cannot go beyond this. You will notice the size of the file is also increased.

Pressing CNTL + END together will take you to the bottom right of the range.

Solution : You will have to copy the raw data onto a new worksheet or a new excel file.

Bonjour

pwsid Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2004, 04:59 PM
    Inserting a row in Excel
    Formatting sometimes cause this issue. Even though you have no data in the "last" cell, you may have accidentially formatted it (i.e. add color or pattern). I concur with the last person.. that is

Solution : You will have to copy the raw data onto a new worksheet or a new excel file.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inserting html code in golive 5 web page [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a web site that guides browsers to specific products offered on other companies web sites. From my site a visitor would click on an affiliate link to go to a product. Question: How can I insert affiliate html code into my web page for each product without it looking screwy? I am...

Excel help [ 1 Answers ]

I am using excel to record some data and I have it setup to do some math based on the info that I put into certain cells. Now what I am wondering is am I able to setup the sheet so that it will prompt me for the 4 pieces of data that I want to enter and then place those in the proper cells and then...

Outlook Express-inserting pics/clip art [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to insert clip art from a clip art gallery OR at least smileys like the ones shown above here? I have an HP Pavilion, Windows 98 software. I have no problem w/adding such in my Yahoo mail, But would like to add my Outlook e-mail. Thanks for whatever help you can...

Inserting multiple columns on Excel [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me to insert multiple columns under any particular cell without disturbing other cell data ? For example it should be like : --------------------------------------------------------- | A | B | C |...

View more questions Search