Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BabyJohnny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 12:33 PM
    Belittling a Student
    I arrived late to school today. I Informed one of my class mates I would be late. I had called my Training advisor to inform him as well. I was called into the office and spoken to by the school supervisor and questioned. I have proof I informed my class mate and proof I called the school. The supervisor calls me a lier and an idiot for not having the right number. This has happened more than once. Is this considered harassment?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 10, 2007, 02:10 PM
    BabyJohnny,

It is in very poor taste regardless of the reason given to you. By the way, how old are you and what year of school are you?

I ask this because your answers will trigger the selections of directions to give to you.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 02:47 PM
    To talk to a class mate and tell that person is considered poor judgement on your part. It is like missing a day of school and asking your class mate what the assignments were and he says, "you did not miss much" but you come to school the next day and find a quiz waiting for you over the material you missed (but could have studied for if you had known).

Calling your Training Advisor is along the same lines. You needed to call your School Supervisor - the person directly - not indirectly. You are responsible for conducting your lateness or absence, not anyone else. You do not leave that duty to your class mate or Training Advisor. You take care of your own business yourself.

It does sound like you have done this in the past - your words, "this has happened more than once."

Perhaps the School Supervisor has grown tired of the excuses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FI student [ 1 Answers ]

I am on an f1 visa and now studying for a degree in nursing. I currently passsed my nclex -pn test but I have not been issued a licence because the board wants me to show them proof of citizenship. My college offers curriculum practical training,would this be used to help me get my licence? Please...

Confused Student [ 1 Answers ]

How Does Viscosity Affect Liquids

Getting student loans [ 2 Answers ]

I would be glad if someone can guide me through places/ organisations/ banks that offer student loans to international students without having the need to get it co-signed by a US citizen or greencardholder.

Tx return for student or H-1b [ 1 Answers ]

I was on F1 student Visa until October 2006 after which shifted to H1-B visa. I have been in Florida for the past 6 years and I've currently moved to Arizona on H1-B. What Tax return do I need to apply? Since I have been in Florida for 6 years and moved onto H1-B only by October, Should I file a...

View more questions Search