Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Dec 10, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Albuquerque area hotel--specific things wanted
    I've tried Priceline and a couple other services/searches, but can't find what I want.

I'm looking for a hotel in the Albuquerque, NM area that has jacuzzi-type tubs in the room.

Anyone know of any or how to find out without spending an afternoon on the phone calling every hotel in town?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Econo lodge Econo Lodge Old Town - Albuquerque, NM - Econo Lodge Old Town Rates and Reviews - SideStep

The Best Western I worked at had jacuzzi's in the rooms on the first floor but their rooms were on the more expensive side.

Albuquerque hotels and accommodation, hotel reservations in New Mexico, by all-hotels.com

Courtyard By Marriott Albuquerque, Albuquerque, NM, United States Features | Priceline.com Hotels

Also after working in a hotel and watching some cleaning ladies methods
    1. I suggest taking a bottle of clorox spray and clean the jacuzzi yourself
    2. Take sheets off bed when maid is going to clean so that she has to actually CHANGE the sheets
    I have seen maids not even change sheets between guests. Management didn't want to do anything
    because they had a hard time getting maids
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Dec 10, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    econo lodge Econo Lodge Old Town - Albuquerque, NM - Econo Lodge Old Town Rates and Reviews - SideStep

the Best Western I worked at had jacuzzi's in the rooms on the first floor but their rooms were on the more expensive side.

Albuquerque hotels and accommodation, hotel reservations in New Mexico, by all-hotels.com

Courtyard By Marriott Albuquerque, Albuquerque, NM, United States Features | Priceline.com Hotels

Also after working in a hotel and watching some cleaning ladies methods
    1. I suggest taking a bottle of clorox spray and clean the jacuzzi yourself
    2. Take sheets off bed when maid is going to clean so that she has to actually CHANGE the sheets
    I have seen maids not even change sheets between guests. Management didn't want to do anything
    because they had a hard time getting maids
    I've heard similar things regarding cleanliness. Also, if you stay at a hotel near an airport, don't use the in-room coffee maker. I have it on good authority from more than one flight attendant that they often use them to clean their pantyhose.

Jacuzzi type tubs are a pain in the rear. The water goes stagnant inside the jets and tubes very quickly it seems like. I don't know why some genius hasn't figured out some sort of positive ventilation system or draining system to prevent that.

It occurred to me that my question might make some folks wonder. I don't want the tub for any funky purpose (although, it will be my wife and I... hmmmmmm... ;) ), but rather it's the best thing for my knees after a day of walking. Sure, a plain ol' tub with hot water does OK, but those jets are awesome!
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Have you checked tripadvisor? They have traveler reviews of the hotels so you can get an idea of location and amenities from someone who is unbiased. I ALWAYS look here before booking a hotel!

Search results: albuquerque - TripAdvisor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue a Hotel? [ 6 Answers ]

The week of Thanksgiving I had surgery. I was unsure if I was going to be able to see my family for the holiday so I made reservations at a hotel just in cse I could make it. I specifically asked the lady on the phone if I would be charged right away and she said " We cannot charge your card until...

Women Hotel [ 5 Answers ]

A group of girlfriends is on vacation when they see a 5-story hotel with a sign that reads: "For Women Only". Since they are without their boyfriends and husbands, they decide to go in. The bouncer, a very attractive guy, explains to them how it works. "We have 5 floors. Go up floor by floor,...

Cheapest tickets from Albuquerque to Jacksonville, Fla [ 3 Answers ]

Help - looking for cheap tickects from Albuquerque, New Mexico to Jacksonville, Fl. Thanks.:)

Name of hotel doorman union [ 1 Answers ]

I was a doorman in a co-op that was formerly a hotel and the service workers, as such, belonged to the hotel union. This was 1992 through 1997. What was the Local that hotel doormen belonged to during this period. Thank you

Albuquerque [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - My family is looking to relocate to Albuquerque. Is this a good area to purchase a home in? Are there any particular areas that we should look to buy in around Albuquerque? Does the general Albuquerque area have kid friendly activities? Thanks!

View more questions Search