Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 11:20 AM
    I cannot answer this one for certain. (married/previously married folks may help)
    My old college roommate asked me to weigh in on his girlfriend's angst.

His girlfriends ex-husband remarried and he says she's been a bit "off" since for weeks.

I said it was normal since she has kids with her Ex and now they have a new family for her to deal with etc... Anyway, he thinks she's jealous even though SHE divorced HIM.

I ain't a woman and I've never been married but I'd imagine she is just re-evaluating what she was doing for all those years. And he has to be patient.

That said, I don't know what's a "normal" reaction to marriage of one's former spouse etc....

Thoughts?
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 01:03 PM
    That is wise.

My only concern is that she may be wanting to go back in some way, and he could get hit if he gets more serious. I told him to not press. Is she giving him a signal?
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Dec 10, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Probably not. Emotions take time to sort out. She will probably drop mooning over her ex and resume her new life with her boyfriend.
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Dec 10, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Sorry ash, I replied to your question, messed it up, and deleted the wrong one... senior moment. Carry on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Married and falling for a married man [ 16 Answers ]

I met this married man doing volunteer work. I noticed that he was nice looking and he was helpful with what I needed. I do fundraisers for the Humane Society. Anyway, he told me to contact when I needed his help and he would donate a portion of money from his business. He gave me his business card...

I am in love with 2 men, 1 is getting married and I am married to the other [ 12 Answers ]

Never ever thought I would be posting a question on a site - but life got me here:rolleyes: I am a happily married woman - happily married if you remove the sex out of marriage. My partner was never very interested in sex and that was something I had comfortably accepted. We lived happily for...

In love with a married man and I am married too. [ 21 Answers ]

I have being married for 11 yrs. And going with a married man for 9 yrs. What do I do? He tells me he love me but, yet keeps important information from me that I needs to know. He puts other people in our relationship, and that's has caused a problem for us. I know that is not right to be with him...

My ex is getting married [ 3 Answers ]

So here's the thing, we never officially broke up, he went over seas and when he got back I heard he's getting married.we ahvent spoken since so its been a year, I tried getting back in to the dating game, failed dismally.. so the wedding is next month, the girl and I have the same name, I'm over...

View more questions Search