Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hrdjed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 05:34 AM
    Legality of receiving money from another country.
    I received an email from someone telling me I have won a lottery of a great amount of money. Over $500,000.00. I am to send to Nigeria $100.00 by Western Union today. The man told me by email that this money is in the form of a bank draft which I can cash at any bank. So far they have not asked me for any banking information or any identification. Is this a legal activity? Need to know an answer before 10 m Iowa time.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Hello h:

It surprises me that in 2007 this well known Nigerian scam is still working - but it is. It also surprises me, that there are still people today who haven't heard of it - but they haven't.

Don't believe me. Just Google "Nigerian scam". See what you come up with.

excon

PS> By the way, did you enter this lottery?? No?? Then how did you win? Plus, why do you need to PAY to get paid?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

Statute of Limitations in Ontario + Legality of Collectors [ 6 Answers ]

Hi There, When I was 18, somehow I got approved for about $21,000 worth of credit which was maxed out 6 months later. I'm now 26, I haven't made a payment since October of 2006 on any of the debt (prior to that all my payments were on time). Currently I'm out of work looking for a new job but...

Divorce legality. [ 2 Answers ]

If my husband has filed for a divorce and he has misspelled our names is there any legality to the paper work?

Receiving money? [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I received checks for my pension plan from a place of previous employment. I was confused because I was not there long enough to be fully vested, so I called the mutual company and they said that in their contract it said nothing about being vested and that the money was mine. I even...

Legality of letting people download Free MP3's [ 3 Answers ]

What are the consequences of letting people download mp3's for free. Even though the artist is foreign and is dead? THank you!!

View more questions Search