Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffsiler Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 10:43 PM
    Rare 80's children's Movie (or made for TV movie) made with puppets
    I'm trying to find a movie (or TV movie) that I enjoyed as a child. It aired sometime during the early 80's.

I remember it taking place in a cave with some green creatures (goblins?). The king was making a wish and they started in a song and dance about how the king would be making this wish this year.

"Our King will make a wish tonight upon a gem that glows so bright and fill our land with happiness and cheer"

There is a creepy character with long fingernails who uses a telescope or binoculars to spy and locate the gems.

Does anyone remember this movie?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Jeff
    Lizrex Posts: 7, Reputation: 4

Dec 10, 2007, 02:56 AM
    That is a very excellent muppet movie by Jim Henson called "Dark Crystal". I've seen it several times.

The Dark Crystal (1982)

Dec 10, 2007, 09:58 AM
    No sorry it's not the dark crystal. It was likely a made for TV movie, but I rented it as a child at the video store.

Jeff
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Dec 10, 2007, 10:03 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/scienc...now-41242.html

Dec 10, 2007, 10:04 AM
    What about the second movie the poster describes?

Jeff
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Dec 10, 2007, 10:22 AM
    I figured you might want to PM the person and see if they ever found an answer... they just posted a month ago. I googled and found both of ya'lls posts and that was it..? Never hurt to try.
    squibble Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 07:34 AM
    Hey Guys. I think I've been looking for the same movie for years now. All I can remember is the name "The Gundelins"... potentially the name of the royal family in the film? And I remember a conversation between the villain and his goons about previous attempts to thwart the family in the past, like a big balloon and mailing a goon in a postage box. Any of that sound familiar?

-Dave
    squibble Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 06:15 AM
    Amazon.com: The Moonstone Gem: Video

I think it's the Moonstone Gem!

-Dave
    sinatrafsc Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 09:28 AM

That's it - The Moonstone Gem!
    jenny1981 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2009, 02:18 PM
    Hey out there! I am looking for a movie either late 70's to early 80's. All I can remember is it took place at this guy's mansion. There were a few kids that came over and the guy was able to either draw or paint on his wall and the picture he made came to life and the kids were able to walk into the wall and explore whatever scene he created. Any of this sound familiar to anyone?
    punisher209 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 04:11 PM
    Hey jenny1981 the movie you are trying to find is called, " The peanut butter sollution".. I was a big fan of this movie when I was a kid so I bought a copy of it on vhs. It is still out there if you want to find one. Hope you get this.
    punisher209 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 04:13 PM

Hey jenny1981: The movie your trying to find is called " The Peanut Butter Solution".. I hope this helps and you find it. Great movie.
    lewis_gina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2011, 09:50 PM
    Jenny1981 are you talking about the peanut butter solution? Where he makes paint brushes from the boy's hair and then paints scenes on the wall? That was a good one - don't know if it's what you're talking about though... wasn't exactly a mansion I don't think, but I could be remembering wrong. The boy goes into the mans house and is scared by something and looses all his hair. Uses the peanut butter solution but then can't get the hair to stop growing. Somehow he gets taken by the guy and put into a trance and kids are making paint brushes out of his hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 70's early 80's made for TV fantasy movie [ 7 Answers ]

There was a made for TV fantasy movie that came out around the Clash of Titans release. It had the main character was a dark haired younger guy who had a bow and arrow that shot these energy like arrows. The "love interest" for him was the typical damsel in distress type. I want to say that...

80's made for TV movie starring timothy hutton [ 1 Answers ]

I can't for the life of me remember the name of this movie but it had timothy hutton in it he played the oldest of 4 kids and there mother took off and he was trying to keep them all together I think it was in the early 1980's

A Fantasy Movie Made in the Late 80's/Early 90s [ 6 Answers ]

So this is a pretty obscure question, but it has been plaguing me for a number of years. There was this movie I used to watch on t.v. all the time when I was younger and I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. The problem is, the only distinguishing feature I can for certain remember...

Old 70's or 80's movie (possible made-for-tv) [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, There's a movie that I've been hunting down that I cannot seem to get any help with. Hopefully someone on this site will be able to help :o When I was growing up in the 80's, my mom had recorded this movie about a woman who had gotten into a plane wreck and survived. She had a...

Name of a Children's Fantasy Movie Made in the 80's, Maybe 70's. [ 3 Answers ]

This vague memory of one of my favorite movies as a child is making me caccaccrazy! This is what I remember: A small child, I think a little girl. Somehow this puppet-like fantasy animal crosses over into her world. She, or he possibly, befriends him. The little animal at one point is trying to...

View more questions Search