Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chandrakant Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2004, 11:35 PM
    ORACLE
    Hi,
    I just installed Oracle 9i,I have been working on oracle since one year(in college).At that time I was not requiring to use the oracle options i.e. I did'nt needed to specify which database serivice to use and all that I just had to run query in SQL *plus.
    At this time I am working in a office so I require to know every options in oracle i.e. Application Development,configuration migration tools,Enterprise manager console... So I lke to know from where I will be able to learn all this I tried using HELP but it did'nt help me .
    Please HELP me.
    hari_bk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2004, 03:31 AM
    Oracle options
    Hi
    When you run oracle at work space, you need to know about SID your going to coenct, which'll be specified in TNSNAMES.ORA. The file is available in orant or oracle8i\network\admin. The TNSnames will specify to which database you connect and what's the IP address of the server.

You can make entries in tnsnames.ora by opening in text file or You can also modify add the contents by Net easy configurations.

If you give wrong SID, you can not connect to SQL.
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Feb 28, 2005, 01:37 PM
    I recommend that you find some books or formal training classes. There is a lot to oracle.
    positivefanatic Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Hi,

Find useful details on Oracle absolutely free of cost at:

New Oracle DBA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oracle [ 2 Answers ]

What is the diffrence between oracle database and oracle 9i developer suite

Oracle Software [ 2 Answers ]

Please provide the list of Oracle customer lists

Oracle 8i [ 2 Answers ]

We are in Oracle platform based application development. We are user Developer6i as front-end. We are facing a big problem regarding implemenation of the executables. We have to install all the forms FMX files there at client side. Is there is any way to combine all the executable objects into...

View more questions Search