Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hmikula Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Exporting from Windows mail to Outlook Express
    I am trying to export email message files from Vista Windows Mail back to XP Outlook express. Is this type of export possible and if so how is it done. This option doesn't seem to be available with Windows Mail version 6.0. :confused:
    mdosh01 Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Dec 9, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Try the solution offered by DGuess in the Vistax64.com web site:

Export Vista Mail messages back to Outlook Express - Vista x64 Forums

"Open the message store folder, located the .eml files then drag and drop
    them into an OE folder."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Import .dbx files (Outlook Express) to Windows Mail (Vista) [ 34 Answers ]

Everywhere I look I see the answer is no - I cannot do the above... but there's GOT to be a way... doesn't there? :o Any suggestions for a workaround to this?

Import messages from Outlook Express 6 to Vista Windows Mail [ 6 Answers ]

I have got a new laptop with MS Vísta and Windows Mail. My old PC had Outlook Express 6. Now I want to import the OE catalogs into Windows Mail. I have copied the DBX-files to a usb-stick. I let Windows Mail try to import them by the files/import function. But the DBX-files cannot be found. How...

Exporting Outlook Express contacts [ 2 Answers ]

I just upgraded to a new computer at work. Old comp running Windows 98, new comp with Windows XP MCE. I am trying to export my contacts from Outlook Express from old comp to new, but the contacts are not saved as a .wab file. The prior user had them saved to "Microsoft Outlook Contact Store". There...

Exporting Mail from Outlook 2003 to 2000 [ 9 Answers ]

I have been strugggling with this (what I feel should be simple and probably is) problem for two days now and its driving me up the wall so could some kindly soul please help!! I need to export all my saved e-mails (in various sub-folders within the INBOX) from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2000 on my...

View more questions Search