Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mahima Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Dec 8, 2007, 09:01 PM
    How to improve singing voice?
    My singins voice is a bit nasely.. I'm really into music and guitars.. I want to be a singer but my voice doesn't come out right because its nasely.. how do I improve it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 9, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Spend some money and see a voice coach, or a singing coach/instructor to correct your voice.
    hauser5 Posts: 699, Reputation: 92

Dec 9, 2007, 05:18 PM
    There is nothing more important than the amount of time you spend singing. If you have a natural talent for singing, all you have to do is just sing as much as possible. Sing along with the radio, TV, any music you hear. In case you can't do this without driving people crazy, find a place where you can practice. Get a karoake machine, or just sing along with CD's. I began singing and playing the guitar along with CD's and music videos, sang at church, sang at school, and after years of singing on a regular basis, I can hear the difference. I have old tapes of me singing and I was on key, buy my voice was weak. You have to build it up! A vocal coach can help you with techniques to help you breathe better. If you take breaths in the right places, you can hold notes longer.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 02:20 AM
    To improve the tone quality of your voice, you need to be doing warm-ups vocally that isolate the source of your voice having a nasal sound. There can be various reasons for your voice having a nasal tone quality. So, it would be best to be discussing that with you sometime when we are both online at the same time in order to determine what you are doing that is causing that kind of tone.

Since you have mentioned basically, improving the tonal quality of your voice, then I would assume that you want to utilize your vocal instrument to be the best quality that it can be for the type of music that you want to sing. Is that correct? There are various types of singing styles that also have various types of techniques used in order to produce the sound. It would help to know what kind/type of singing that you want to do in order to help you in that regard.

Some styles of singing, such as those that are done almost exclusively by singing into a microphone, don't necessarily require you to be utilizing your vocal instrument to it's fullest potential. However, because of the styles of some of those types of music, if a person were to be singing in such a way as to utilize their vocal instrument to it's fullest potential, then it would ruin the style in which the music is sung.

Not everyone that you hear singing on Cd's or in other types of media necessarily really knows how to sing the way to utilize their vocal instrument to it's fullest potential. Please realize that when imitating others who you hear singing, that the way that they sing may not be the way that your own voice is meant to sound when singing. So, it isn't always the best idea to be imitating others that you hear on Cd's and other types of media. But, it does depend on what kind/type of music that you want to sing.

There might be some confusion here as to what in the professional world of singing is meant by a vocal/voice coach and vocal/voice teacher. In the professional world of singing, a vocal/voice coach teaches you how to interpret the music. They are not necessarily teaching you how to utilize your vocal instrument to it's fullest potential and capacity. That is what a teacher of singing does. The term coach, is most often used in the world of professional opera, where the singers will have both a vocal coach and also a voice teacher.

What kind/type (music style) of singing is it that you want to do?

What is your gender?

How old are you?

Thank you!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Thank you for the private message providing me with a little more information about you, Mahima! :)

If you would like to discuss more about this topic, then please come back to this thread about the same time that you originally posted your question.

Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Improve beards [ 5 Answers ]

I am 26 years old male. According to my age, beards are very less in numbers. Is there any way to get my beard thicker? Please help me... I am in a dilemma

Can someone help me improve on basketball? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm in 8th grade and only 5'2 but I really want to get better so I can make my high school team and I practice a lot but it doesn't seem to work So can someone help me out?

Improve my english [ 4 Answers ]

Hi this is vinay wants to know about english communication so tell me how to improve my english communication fluently

Improve Your Relationships [ 26 Answers ]

Improve Your Relationships The Power of Thought Love begins with our thoughts. We become what we think about. Loving thoughts create loving experiences and loving relationships. Affirmations can change our beliefs and thoughts about ourselves and others. If we want to love someone, we...

Voice over [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know I good place to study VoiceOver in NYC?

View more questions Search