Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keltickat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Rheem heat pump thermostat "EM" setting
    I have a Rheem model no. RHQA 1000B heat pump, but previous homeowner left no manual for it. I am puzzled at the "EM" setting on the thermostat. I would also like to download/obtain an operation manual for this unit.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 05:23 PM
    EM usually means emergency heat. All it does is bring on the strait electric heat in the furnace. It is more expensive to heat that way than it is to use the heat pump.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Hunter 42995B thermostat wiring for Rheem heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

System: Rheem all electric heat pump. Broken thermostat: Honeywell T841A1308 Heat Pump Thermostat Replacement Thermostat: Hunter 42995B Current Wiring: "X" -brown wire "B" -blue wire "W2" -white wire

How do you install an acrylic shower receptor using "setting bed" cement? [ 3 Answers ]

How do you install an acrylic showwer receptor using "setting bed" cement? The sub floor is good and the hole for the drain is 5" as recommended. How do you actually form the setting bed so the receptor is level? 48" x 34" and that's all the space I have to work with.

Honeywell RTH 7400 Thermostat wiring for Heat Pump (Rheem) [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up a Honeywell RTH 7400 Tstat to the existing Rheem HVAC in my house. Currently using Rheem thermostat that came with the house (non-programmeable, using mercury tubes). Heating is provided by a heat pump as well as Natural gas furnace for aux heating (besides the air...

View more questions Search