Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitty59156 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 02:47 PM
    How do I get out of safe mode?
    I know little to nothing about computers... I believe I am on safe mode since everything seems so big and none of my files are where they should be... last night my computer froze so I turned it off by pressing the "turn on " button... this moring I tried to turn it on and the screen was black with lots of text saying that I hadn't turned it off properly or soemthing so it gave me the option of turning it back on with safe mode or the last configuration I used... when I tried to make it turn on in normal mode it would just keep showing me the same black screen.. I tried every option... finally a few hours later I was able to turn it on.. but I'm on safe mode I think?? How do I make it restart so its normal again??
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 10, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Kitty,

Its very simple, providing you eat sleep and reguritate Windows Speak.

If you are already in Safe mode, you should see your scree, all blown out of proportion. Drop down to the green START tab and click on it.

Select "Turn Off" and then at the next prompt select "Turn Off" again. Do not select, Restart.

Let the PC turn completely off. Wait a few seconds and then press your power on button.

This should let you come back up normally. Safe Mode is where the Windows start-up programs are munged up, so Windows is allowed to start but not of the other programs that come on with auto starts are allowed. Once you turn the computer off, Windows closes all open files and stops then you can reboot the system.
    DanGill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2011, 02:11 AM
    My computer is stuck in safe mode asking for a prompt. What prompt will bring it out? I have tried several but it comes and says "ENTER THE FULL SHELL COMMAND LINE" I don't know what that is. Can you help me?
    Col. Dana Gillespie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opens in safe mode [ 2 Answers ]

I was opening my word processing but error message appear and ask the word proccesing to open in safe mode What must I do?

Safe mode [ 1 Answers ]

I think my computer is in safe mode. Do I need to keep it there? I have plenty of virus, auto updates, etc. programmed to run and keep it safe. If I need to change the setting of safe mode, please tell me how.

No safe mode [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old Compaq desktop with 98SE on it. It keeps locking up and when I try to start in safe mode, it locks also. Any ideas on what the problem is? :confused:

Safe Mode [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I know how to access "safe mode", and have used it a couple of times to correct problems, following instructions, but can someone explain please, exactly what it is? Thank you.

Safe mode [ 1 Answers ]

I'm using ME 2000 and cannot get out of safe mode, even after selecting normal during the start up. How can disable the start up mode and return to normal?

View more questions Search