Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maggie13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2005, 12:13 PM
    Family conflict
    Hi! I would like to know about a situation where as my mother was very ill and my sister took upon herself to put herself down as power of attourney having signed up legally... well now my mother is recovering and asking question s about what's going on... my sister has changed the house locks ,redirected mail,bank accounts ,etc... my mother is upset about this and my sister isn't listening to my mother... how can I reverse the situation and get my mother to cancel the power my sister is having over her so mum can look after her own affairs... sister want talk to me.. maggie13
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2005, 12:40 PM
    Have you mother first revoke your sisters power of attorney by setting it up with lets say you.

Then, your MOTHER, or you once you have power of attorney, must notify them all about this. Mail Box, Banks, etc.

All you mother has to do, if she can, is go to the mail box and bank and say she no longer needs a power of attorney. Or you can do this with the new Power of Attorney papers.

However, she needs to remove Power of Attorney from your sister.

If there are more complications that arise and your sister tries to fight back, than I suggest a lawyer would be your next option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

IP conflict ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I've a LAN with a DC, it seems that someone has changed the IP address of his computer to be static, and it seems also that he assigned an IP address like the server one 192.168.123.2. The problem is that, I do receive an error message on the server console stating that there's an...

Keyboard conflict [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having a little harware problem with my computer. Everything was fine last week, and then my internet got blocked for a few days. After it was working again, I couldn't get my mouse and keyboard working toegther. Both are fine. I know the keyboard is OK because: -If I restart my...

View more questions Search