Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaushalvyas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 11:21 PM
    How to make some one stop chain smoking
    Hey there, I'm kaushal here.. now I have one big problem there.. my brother is becoming chain smoker now a days... and I don't want that.. so if any suggestion would help me to stop him even smoking... I want him to stop smoking completely... please ans me...
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 05:03 AM
    Smoking is an addiction and the only one that can stop it is the addicted person, so there's not much you can do besides encourage him to quit, I'm sorry. I know it's awful and smoking is so nasty.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 05:59 AM
    No way at all to 'make' him do it. He will have to want to stop on his own.

You can give him photos of dirty lungs, articles showing he is killing hisself and so on, but he should know all of this anyway
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Dec 8, 2007, 06:12 AM
    Please don't do pictures and all, it will only make him resent you for being a nag. Unfortunately, you can't make him quit. I would call smoking something more than an addiction. It is beyond hard to put them down. You could make a suggestion to him, let him know how it makes you feel... but beyond that, you can't do anything to help him... he has to want to quit himself.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2007, 06:29 AM
    I stopped in 1999 after smoking since I was 12 years old.
    My son took a Dare class in 6th grade and was scared to death after learning the different chemicals in it.
    I had dabbled with the idea to quit for a few years, but that day when my child cried in terror and begged me to quit, that was it. I made a promise to him... It did take me a couple of months more but I finally did it.

Refuse to be in the same room or car with him when he lights up,you know 2nd hand smoke kills.
    Get him a list of the ingredients in cigarettes .
    Copy off stats of people that are dying of lung cancer, or other smoke related diseases each year.
    Make a list of all the programs and items that could hep ease the pain of quitting.
    At least plant the seed. But don't harp. Plant the seed and then go on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any medicines out there to help stop Smoking? [ 14 Answers ]

Dear Expert Any one have a good method to helping people to stop smoke ? Have any medicine can help ?Is expensive ? Thanks Dick

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

Will Laser Therapy make me quit smoking? [ 3 Answers ]

I HAVE to quit smoking. I was given a suggestion today to go to a Laser treatment center, and that it would literally ZAP the habit. Couple of questions. How effective is this? I have seen stats that show the success rate is 90%. Has anyone out there been able to quit after having a laser...

Replaced pull chain switch, now fan won't stop turning [ 5 Answers ]

First I want to say thanks for the help so far. I had to replace the pull chain switch in a Hampton Bay fan. I was unsure of the wire configuration and was able to find some helpful information to get me started. I have installed the switch and the fan now works on all 3 speeds, but it will not...

I want him to stop smoking. [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone.. I want to ask is smoking bad to ones health?? I know a guy he is smoking since sckool dayz and now he is 27 yesterday I talked with him our topic waz smoking he says no one dies from smoking.. is this true?? I want to stop him from smoking what should I tell him.. when ever I say...

View more questions Search