Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bromley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 10:07 PM
    Helping Family Caused My Debt
    I am $50.000 in Credit Card debt after having to help out family who themselves were in a jam. As a result we got behind on Mortgage and CC payments. Spoke to quite a few banks to Refi our Mortgage to consolidate but because of the late payments and low credit score of 540 the banks have not been very helpful..

I have been looking into Debt Settlement Companies and Also Credit Card Counseling.
    Any suggestions which way to go? Who are the good debt settlement companies and are they effective? Chances of being sued? Is CCC the best and if so, any suggestions on who to use?

Any help would be great
    Magdalena Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Dec 10, 2007, 08:44 AM
    Hi,
    Read each my word carefully.I was there 30 years ago. Therefore I know for sure. No one will really help you. Only you.. Sounds crazy? Maybe ,but true. I was alone opposite all the world. And all the world against me. First of all, keep your healthy status well, deeper breaking consciously many times on the day. It is important to bring oxygen to brain. Make a list with your debts and numerotate 1, 2, 3,etc. Now choose as NUMBER ONE the debt that suffocates you for example huge interest or so. And find way to attack it I'm sure you can. In the next three days you'll have new ideas.You'll see that I'm right. For me it took 3 years to escape completely and I've learned my life lessons.
    Be strong
    Magdalene
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromley
    I am $50.000 in Credit Card debt after having to help out family who themselves were in a jam. As a result we got behind on Mortgage and CC payments. Spoke to quite a few banks to Refi our Mortgage to consolidate but because of the late payments and low credit score of 540 the banks have not been very helpful..

I have been looking into Debt Settlement Companies and Also Credit Card Counseling.
    Any suggestions which way to go? Who are the good debt settlement companies and are they effective? Chances of being sued? Is CCC the best and if so, any suggestions on who to use?

Any help would be great
    A question for you: How is your home owned, individually or jointly? How much equity in the home?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2007, 08:14 AM
    CCC is a pretty good group, they can help you often with credit card debt part of your issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Helping my son [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 26 year old son, who has had a less than favorable childhood, served 4 years in the Marines ( 1 which was served in Iraq) , got out about 6 months ago and is on a downward spiral. He definitely has a drinking problem and emotional problems that go back to his childhood and his less than...

Family debt [ 3 Answers ]

Can a family member sue you for a debt that is now over 15 years old? What about if she does not even have anything signed saying that I would pay her back. This family member is saying that she is talking to a lawyer about suing me for the amount I owe her and interest up to today.

Helping with ED [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend has ED from time to time. Usually doesn't have a problem with it, but the times that he does it make him feel aweful. Is there something I can do as his girlfriend to help him out with this, other than medication?

Marriage caused debt now I want out [ 1 Answers ]

I am in debt up to my ears because I got into a marriage and was naïve. Now I have a mortgage, two vehicles and loads of debt in my name and he cannot help me pay for anything. Now I want to separate from him but don't know what to do. I can't pay two mortgages if I move out. How can I sell if I...

View more questions Search