Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MagikPoo Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2005, 12:03 PM
    I can use some help on starting a new career.
    I've been working as a bartender for 12 years and suddenly lost my position because the city took the building I was working in, now I've had odd jobs here and there, but because I have really bad Asthma - which I'm working on to control - it makes it hard for me to find work in my former employment.

I haven't worked full time in about 2 months just selling stuff on eBay to make ends meet every month.

Any suggestions on types of employment for a guy with computer skills and two years of college with post traumatic stress from the gulf war?

I can't think of a Dam thing!
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2005, 12:46 PM
    Computer skills and 2 yrs of college...

- A secretary at an office
    - telemarketer
    - Any form of office job really, perhaps even in the ACC department
    - a claims adjuster, working for an insurance company perhaps

When you say computer skills, you do just mean like MS Office and stuff and not advance stuff like VB or Java?

Perhaps you should also going back to school for college. What degree were you working towards? I thought that the US Army pays for your college tuition if you are in their military, but I could easily be wrong there as I am not American.
    swalther Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikPoo
    I've been working as a bartender for 12 years and suddenly lost my position because the city took the building i was working in, now I've had odd jobs here and there, but because i have really bad Asthma - which I'm working on to control - it makes it hard for me to find work in my former employment.

I haven't worked full time in about 2 months just selling stuff on ebay to make ends meet every month.

Any suggestions on types of employment for a guy with computer skills and two years of college with post traumatic stress from the gulf war?

I can't think of a Dam thing!
    How about bartending! You can hit the local diners and bars. You can wait tables for a while or cook while looking for a higher paying job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CNA Career [ 4 Answers ]

How Far can I go with a CNA certification

Regarding my career [ 3 Answers ]

Dear sir, I completed my bachelor in electronics and communications engineering in August 2003 from VTU, karnataka,India. My result is graded as first division with 60.325%. I am a Nepalese and in nepal right now.I want to study masters in the field related to my subject in a developed...

Career [ 2 Answers ]

I'm planning to go abroad for further studies in Computer Science, where as my uncle wants me to go abroad to get a commercial pilots license. What will happen, will I go abroad? If so which course would I pursue?

New career [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone; I am interested in advise for new career orientation, I am a well seasoned professional. Over 10 years as executive with multinationals in sales. Tks Isa

View more questions Search