Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MS J BROWN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 08:52 PM
    As executor of deceased mom's trust vs family member trespassing
    As executor of deceased mom's trust which says the home is to be appraised, sold and split between the three children. The trust deed is in my sister and my name, but we are are/were planning to divide the sale between the three of us. Our brother moved in to the house before we could complete the repair and apprasial, he has changed the locks. My sister and I are paying for the electricity, gas, property tax, and ins. How do we legally get him out of the house?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Call the police and tell them he is trespassing on the property since you ar the executor of the estate, until the division of assets according to the will is done (which should be done promptly to avoid your getting in trouble) you are in control of the estate.

Seriously. What a jerk. Also, pay the taxes, but why pay other bills if the house is just going to be sold and the money split. Let him freeze and sit in the dark if he's being such a selfish freak.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 8, 2007, 12:20 AM
    You may need to pay the other utilities to prevent freezing pipes. But yes, he is a trespasser and you can call the police on him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Searching for Information on a deceased family member [ 2 Answers ]

We just had a family member die in a car crash. No one knows if he had a safe deposit box or a will. Is there any place we can go to online to find out if he had a safe deposit box?

Executor Of Trust Role [ 1 Answers ]

I have been asked to be an executor of a trust and I am not a family member. What should I have to know before I act as an executor of a trust?

Rights of executor of trust [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I moved into my parents house to care for them under the agreement that we were buying the house from the date we moved in (Aug 2002). My father passed in 2003 and we have paid ALL bills, taken care of my mother since, even building a separate mother in law apartment for her. The...

Family Trust, executor or administrator [ 3 Answers ]

Family trust consists of wheat land and the income from same. Are there reports, statement of income or other such paper work required for the administrator/executor to produce on a yearly basis to the heirs of the trust other than just writing a check (cash flow) each year along with tax filing...

Executor of estate/trust [ 3 Answers ]

My father passed away recently. My mother has survived him but she is incapacitated. I am the executor of their estate/trust. It is a sizable estate and I would like to gift funds to my brothers and their families. My father appointed my mother as his power of attorney and never updated it. ...

View more questions Search