Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sudhirpv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Furnace Heating : Cold air blowing from vent from one level/ Warm air in the other
    Ours is a 2 level house (1995), both levels heated by the same furnace ( YORK Multiposition Gas-Fired Furnace MODEL P2MP 32-112 MBH OUTPUT) . We have two digital thermostats (Hunter Programmable type) located on each floor. We were out for a few days and when we came back the lower level is getting heat at all. When we set the Thermostat to Heat, all the vents start to pump air, but the air is kind of cold.
    Upstairs, the vents pump warm air and the set temperature is maintained correctly. I am puzzled because it is using the same furnace! We never had heating related problem before. What should I be looking for?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 7, 2007, 07:13 PM
    You have 2 zones. The one zone is not operating and has had a component failure. Could be the damper motor or controller. Call for service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blowing cold air.starts out warm, goes to cold. [ 6 Answers ]

Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor replaced. Before that, the furnace wasn't working at all. Now it starts blowing warm (not hot) air, then gradually over a period of a couple of hours, the air cools down until it is completely cold and the temperature in the house drops drastically....

Furnace blowing not warm air [ 3 Answers ]

We just moved into a single story Ranch house about a month ago and have noticed that the furnace runs for very long periods and furnace blowing only very cool air. Kind of like a spring day. We looked at the board and switched the fan from hi to low and the vents now blow out a little warmer...

My furnace/heating. It's blowing cold air! [ 2 Answers ]

URGENT! Please help... my furnace started blowing nothing but cold air yesterday. I tried locating the filter but couldn't find it anywhere. If you can help me please respond!

Furnace heating upstairs, but blowing cold air downstairs [ 1 Answers ]

My records indicate that I have a Inter-City Products gas fired horizontal heating unit, model NHGE050CF01. The issue I am having is that the upstairs is heating as it should. The down stairs is blowing cold air. I have turned the thermostat down to the coldest setting and waiting 5 minutes...

View more questions Search