Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    praders1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Oxicontin what does it do to you?
    My friend just gave me a oxicontin, Iwant to find out what it looks like to be sure that's what I am taking. What does it do to you? It keeps saying be more specific title what are they talking about
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 05:15 PM
    If it I not prescribed to you, it's BAD to take it. It will raise your blood pressure, and make your hert race and cause heart attack and heart failure.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Do not ever take something that is not prescribed to you. Your cousin is breaking the law by giving that to you and you are breaking the law by taking it - it is not prescribed to you.
    DEA, Drug Information, OxyContin Home

A friend of mine spent 30 days in jail, 120 hours of community service, plus six months of probation - for having the Oxycontin in his vehicle (it was not his). Do not be stupid.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2007, 05:48 PM
    It gets you hooked and then you steal from people and you end up in the ER.
    At least that is what it does to the people I know that do it as a street drug.

They don't call it hillbilly heroin for nothing!
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 08:22 PM
    One kid I knew took a pill he didn't know what it was at a party in high school, and he died.

Turns out it was oxycontin. Just one pill and he dropped dead.

If that's not enough to tell you NOT TO TAKE OXYCONTIN THAT IS NOT PRESCRIBED TO YOU, then I don't know what it.
    spit420 Posts: 16, Reputation: -1

Dec 11, 2007, 01:02 PM
    It's a drug like any other drug. Can make you have an enjoyable time depending on how you use it and the choices that you make. You can take 3 at a time and live or you can take 1 and die if you have a health problem or something else I don't know because I isn't a doctor. If your going to take it.. do it on special occasions and be smart enough to live your own life w/o it living your life for you or getting it in the way of your life.

Im not telling you to take it but just typing out an opinion from my POV. I smoke weed and take vikes at 18yrs of age while having a perfect life. 10,000+ in my bank, working in NYC as a certified welder. Its all about the choices I made and make today that gives me this outcome.

EDIT: I do drugs and value my life. Ive gotten straight A's and saved up over 10,000 dollars from nothing while smoking pot everyday. It can be done.

If you value your life... dnt eat sugar glucose fats, caffine etc... because if you do... you will live longer. My advice is just as good as the rest dumb dumb.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Dec 12, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Oxycontin is highly addictive, plus the withdrawals are from HELL! Most people I know are either hooked on them or wish they never took one in the first place. Don't take that apple cause you may never get away from it!
    loopy123 Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2009, 08:49 PM
    I am a retired police officer living in tasmania and it makes sick to hear the young ones pumping themselves up with their so-called life experiences with drugs.my advise is to grow up, do away with your training wheels and get on with your life.
    codyman144 Posts: 544, Reputation: 31

Jan 24, 2009, 11:55 PM

Okay I know I am going to get flamed for this but someone has to be honest.

Is one pill going to give you a heart attack or cause you to get hooked, very doubtful. Is it illegal yes it sure is but how many of you have done illegal stuff before and not gotten busted (like driving too fast). Do you really do everything Uncle Sam says you should?

What will one pill do to you, if you're me not much, make you a little more mellow and relaxed. More than the prescribed dose and you are asking for trouble. Changes are it will put you to sleep. Now if you start doing it all the time you're in for some nasty stuff!
    codyman144 Posts: 544, Reputation: 31

Jan 26, 2009, 04:14 PM
    NOhelp,

That is your opinion and I disagree and gave my opinion (based on personal experience) your going to hurt my rep for that? Nice...
    ultimate_user_name Posts: 103, Reputation: 6

Jan 26, 2009, 10:25 PM

You're getting a lot of "scare tactics" here, I'd like to be honest with you as someone who's seen it a lot first hand.

Firstly, Id like to come out and say DON'T TAKE IT! Get rid of it, and tell your friend that you are not going to be involved in that kind of thing at all, make sure your being very serious.

Now for why:

Pills in General: Pills get passed around in high school all the time, you never know EXACTLY what they are, and that's very, very dangerous. Oxycodone/Percoset/Vikodin/Oxycontin are all in the same general class, and get passed around like candy at high schools, the problem is, though they are similar, they are different enough to be very dangerous if they get switched.

For example, if I give you a couple of 5mg Oxycontin time-release tablets, you may be just fine, it might not even affect you a lot, you might get a nice buzz and say, hey I wouldn't mind doing that again, but I think I can handle 4-5.
    Well let's say this time I give you four-five percosets, they look similar, I couldn't tell the difference, srry :( This time, no time release, stronger pills, heavier dosage, possible death or very unwanted side effects.

And even if you avoid the dreaded overdose, these pills are VERY addictive, taking a bunch of oxycodone is the addiction equivalent of shooting up some heroin, I know it sounds odd but it's true, they hit some of the very same parts of the brain.

Bottom line, they are dangerous, and you might not even know what it is. Stay away from these painkillers!! I know many people that will not take them even if they are in pain because the pills are so addictive.

On the other hand I've seen some people handle it fine, but why take the risk?

P.S I know I may have come across as "scary", I know one pill won't do much of anything, but I'd hate to see you get started on them, you're playing with your health when you take unknown pills. :(
    heidimorrow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 06:19 AM
    Okay so like I wouldn't get into it. I took it last year and almost died. But I kept taking it after that anyway. Like it's a good feeling and stuff but you always want some. I use to take all kinds of pain relievers but I don't know they're kind of boring now to me. I do other stuff. But when I took it like my heart rate was really slow and my pupils were extremely tiny it was crazy! But don't get into them they really aren't like that fun uk
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Feb 2, 2009, 11:35 AM

Personal experiences are not the foremost authority in determining what this pill will and won't do to people. Your experiene may have caused you to fall asleep, in my experience I have heard of very few people sayingthat it has put them to sleep, rather it has done the opposite.

The OP was asking what the effects could be c/c presumably he/she wanted to try one. If the OP liked the effects he/she may be inclined to search for more and so the cycle begins. People don't intend to become addicted to these pills so telling them to be responsible once the line is crossed is pointless.

The best advice back when this was posted was to not take chances with a substance that has been extensively documented as being highly addictive, it is still the best advice now. Nothing fun about being highly addicted to anything.
    bazhulk Posts: 12, Reputation: -2

Jun 9, 2011, 02:52 AM
    Oxi will drop your blood oxygen levels until you suffocate and die.
    I take it due to a leg amputation and arthritis..
    It is highly adictive and deadlyif its not prescribed to you.
    I started on a low dose and increased to 2x80mg a day for chronic pain...
    It may get some people high but it can and will kill them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oxicontin addiction [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get addicted to Oxicontin? What does it look like? Oxicontin vicodin What do you want me to add? Can you get addicted to vicodin? Forget it this website is awful

View more questions Search