Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kensin5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Furnace blower motor start and keeps running won't stop
    I have a Carrier central furnace (furnace model 58GP050-BA). Now with the thermostat off the fan set to auto and the Gas pilot is on. When turn on the power switch to the furnace, the blower motor start and keeps running and won't stop. I have to turn off the power switch to the furnace to turn the blower fan off.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Stuck fan and limit control or burnt relay is a possibility.
    Robman721 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Im having the same problem except mine also has a problem with the flame, when it gets lit it suddenly goes out and keeps getting relit and going out.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kensin5
    I have a Carrier central furnace (furnace model 58GP050-BA). Now with the thermostat off the fan set to auto and the Gas pilot is on. When turn on the power switch to the furnace, the blower motor start and keeps running and won't stop. I have to turn off the power switch to the furnace to turn the blower fan off.
    On the fire wall of your furnace you have a limit switch with two wires attached to it. One of them has a fuse, this fuse looks like a small firecracker, with the furnace calling for heat take a jumper wire and jump across the two wires coming out of the limit switch, make sure you are touching metal on both wires. If the limit or the fuse is the problem you furnace motor should stop running and the fire should light.
    If this does not help let me know I have other ideas.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Robman721
    Im having the same exact problem except mine also has a problem with the flame, when it gets lit it suddenly goes out and keeps getting relit and going out.
    If you have the furnace that I think you have your problem is the flame sensor ir bad or needs cleaning. You can clean it by taking out the one screw that holds it in place and sanding the probe with a fine sand paper or clothe. If it still does not work you may need a new sensor. If this is not the answer let me know I have other ideas.
    Robman721 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 08:56 PM
    I have an American Standard furnace model #HA03236D175B160573 and its about 2-3 years old
    kensin5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    On the fire wall of your furnace you have a limit switch with two wires attached to it. One of them has a fuse, this fuse looks like a small firecracker, with the furnace calling for heat take a jumper wire and jump across the two wires coming out of the limit switch, make sure you are touching metal on both wires. If the limit or the fuse is the problem you furnace motor should stop running and the fire should light.
    If this does not help let me know I have other ideas.

It was the furnace the limit switch. Thanks.
    cbuchholz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 10:23 AM
    I have York furnace/air conditioner-they are three years old. When I try to turn on the air conditioner, I hear a click sound but the blower doesn't kick in. I also tried to turn on the furnace fan to circulate air, but the fan doesn't kick in either. Can I reset the fan/blower or will I need a new one.
    davidj1203 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 10:45 AM
    We have a carrier unit and the blower moter keeps running I have to turn off the breaker to get it t stop.we replaced the thormostat and it still keeps running , what can I check. David
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2010, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj1203 View Post
    We have a carrier unit and the blower moter keeps running i have to turn off the breaker to get it t stop.we replaced the thormostat and it still keeps running , what can i check. David
    Model #? The circuit board may be the culprit. Look for the part # - may be similar to "HH84AA***".
    Like_To_Help Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2012, 09:41 AM
    May need to replace your ac unit capacitor. I did that and it worked again. Make sure your unit is disconnected and do not touch the capacitor leads with your fingers. The old capacitor may still have charge after awhile.
    JJT Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2013, 12:51 PM
    How do you replace this fuse? Is is red on the wire?
    JJT Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2013, 01:16 PM
    My Carrier furnace does exactly the same. I have replaced the Limit Switch on the firewall, and the blower control circuit board, and still all I get is the fan blowing non-stop and the furnace never lights (not the pilot, it is lit). Is there anything I am missing? Do I need to change the fuse link kit connected to the limit switch on the firewall? Is there a way to test and see if it is bad?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blower motor [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Climatrol Furnace, and it stopped working. I called a Heating Co, and the technician said that that the motor was bad, it's and old unit with Climatrol no longer in business. I might be able to find a used motor, but I really need a new furnace. After he left I was reaching in and I was...

Blower motor won't stop running [ 6 Answers ]

Hello to every one, maybe someone can help with my problem. My furnace blower motor will not stop running. When the t-stat calls for heat it blows warm air after the heat cycle the blower blows cool air,so it's kind of working against its self. The only way the blower will shut off is if you turn...

Furnace blower motor [ 3 Answers ]

What size blower motor do I nedd for carrier furnace 3592x19059?

Furnace Blower Motor [ 8 Answers ]

I am replacing my blower motor. My question is when replacing it do I have to get exactly what the label has on it because I'm having trouble finding the exact numbers online? I am looking for 4HP, 115V, 60HZ, 6.3A, 1050/850RPM. It was made by Franklin Electric unfortunately it looks like they...

Furnace blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

A friend asked help about his furnace blower emitting a screeching sound during operation and then just stopped. I went over and tried to rotate the blower by hand - resistance to free rotation was present. Removed the blower assembly and dismantled motor. No lubrication on both motor bushings....

View more questions Search