Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpracer37 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2005, 02:59 PM
    Debt settlement
    This is my first and hopefully the only time that I do a debt settlement. It sounds almost to good to have your debt settled by almost 50%. I'm thinking about going through the company, expert financial services to settle. Is this company reputable. And how can a debt settlement have the power so to say to reduce your debt more than cccs. Thanks.
    slippydippydo Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2005, 08:03 PM
    We can't tell you if the company is reputable if you don't tell us who it is!

Check court approved bankruptcy credit counselors at http://www.bankruptcycreditcounselors.com

Dec 13, 2005, 04:51 PM
    Debt settlement companies
    I'm thinking about using a debt settlement company with my debt. The name of the company is, expert financial solutions. Was wondering if anybody has used them and if so did you have any problems. Also, how can a debt settlement company cut your debt in half compared to the credit services? The compant said they could help reduce my debt in about 30 months. Do you know of any other reputtable debt settlement companies that have been around for awhile?

Dec 15, 2005, 08:28 PM
    Debt settlement
    Has anyone used the debt settlement company, Superior Debt Relief? Once you start the program of any settlement company, can the credit card companies try to sue for anything other than the debt on the cards, i.e. house, cars, etc.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 15, 2005, 08:37 PM
    Caution
    Before you choose any debt settlement company you should look them up on the internet and the better business bureau website to see if they have any complaints or suits against them.Many settlement companies charge big fees but don'y deliver what they promise.Ivestigate thouroghly before you get involved.:cool:

Dec 15, 2005, 09:06 PM
    Debt settlement
    Thanks talaniman for your reply. I checked some of the companies on the internet and I got the company, Superior Debt Relief from this website. I checked with the BBB and they had no complaints and they are a registered company through the Rocky MT. States BBB, and with the IAPDA- I hope that's right. This was my last straw as to get debt relief other than either bankruptcy or through a cccs. Everything seemed to be in order with them. Anymore suggestions or if you think I did enough checking please let me know.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 15, 2005, 09:22 PM
    One more-go to the Bud Hibbs website and see what you think.:cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debt settlement programs [ 1 Answers ]

Hello to everyone; I signed up with a debt settlement program and feel that I have been left out to sink or swim for myself. Not sure if I should mention there name however can anyone tell me what my rights are if I sign with this company or can I sign with another debt settlement company that...

Should I do Debt Settlement? [ 34 Answers ]

We are $65,000 in debt, (unsecured credit card debt)!! We have looked into LAWGISTIX AND SUPERIOR FINANCIAL GROUP. We are very hesitant to proceed because we have a credit score in the 700 range. We are current in all of our payments, never late, and in good standing. BUT, it is getting difficult...

Debt Settlement-What should I do [ 2 Answers ]

I enrolled in a program with Debt Shield about a year ago. I have since ended the program and settled 2 of the 4 cards on my own. The other 2 are with the same company, Discover Card, and on one account they filed suit. I answered the summons and countersued. It was been almost 2 months since I...

Debt settlement [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone had any luck with a settlement company for debt? I'm going through the company, Superior debt relief. Of course, I thought I did my research but everything sounds the same when comes to these companies. I checked the BBB in the area that this co. is in and no complaints in 36months and...

Debt settlement [ 1 Answers ]

I signed up for a debt consumber relief group. But the calls are driving me crazy, they don't return my calls and now I'm getting notices in the mail from Lawyers thretening to sue if I don't pay. Has anyone had to deal with this before, I'm scared I'm not sure what to do, I don't have money to...

View more questions Search