Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MKCS Ret Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 06:55 AM
    '89 Civic Won't Start
    1989 Honda Civic, 4 Dr. DX, 1.5 L, 5 Spd. M/T.

Repeatedly getting Code 16 (Indicating Fuel Injector Failure).
    Fuel Injectors Resistance Readings maintian 8 ohms.
    No visual signs of burned circuits on ECU.
    Main Relay tested good.
    Ignition Switch continuity, tested good.
    Wiring between Main Relay and Fuse panel continuity, tested good.
    Wiring between ignition and Fuse panel continuity, indicated "open Circuit".
    Wiring between ignition and "Intigrated Control Unit" mounted to rear of the Fuse panel continuity, tested good.
    Power supply test to plug for "Intigrated Control Unit" indicated 12 Vdc.

Unable to get power supply to power side of the fuse, through the "Intigrated Control Unit".

Is there a test that can be performed on the "Intigrated Control Unit"?

Is there a different place that I should look first, before deciding to replace this piece of electronic gear?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Perform tests outlined in Sections A and B below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post219438

Does your Civic pass the 3 basic diagnostic questions, in Section B?

Clean the main ECM ground on the thermostat housing and perform the K-Test.

Consider replacing the main relay--bench testing the main relay is of limited utility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 civic - won't start [ 5 Answers ]

My son's 94 civic has an ongoing problem with starting(fuel pump won't run). I have read several of the posts concerning this problem. The main relay is not energizing when the key is turned on. The only wire in the harness that is getting voltage is pin 1 when the key is on. I took the relay out...

No start 91 Civic [ 5 Answers ]

1991 Honda Civiv dual point injection system. No start Have checked the following. Main relay, test OK with 3 clicks. Has spark. Swaped Computer. Suspect no power to injectors since system has fuel pressure. Intake is dry. Don't have a noid light to verify power to injectors. If no power to...

91 Civic. No Start [ 1 Answers ]

My 91 civic won't start. I've read others and see it's a common problem. I have pwer and it turns over. It just won't start. I think it's my igition switch, but not sure. If I turn the key to on, then turn it half-way past I hear a noise from under the dash like an aching sound. If I try to start...

91 civic will not start [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I'm not getting any spark car turns over I'm not getting any fuel and my altenaitor fuse keeps burning out I'm stuck and its reading code 16

Civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 96 honda civic. I hit a couple of big rocks and my oil light came on. So I checked for loss of oil and there is none. So I drove for about mile and the car shut off and now it woun't start. What do you think the problem is.

View more questions Search