Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2007, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by earthpages

On the issue of navigational 'tools' some would also add things like language which, they say, both makes sense of and shapes our world. But the message of the Bible, IMHO, is indispensable because of Jesus' ethical teachings and example. Other world scriptures have said similar things. But not quite the same way as Christ. I believe that if we strive to follow Christ's ethical doctrine of peace, love, forgiveness, non-violence and selfless service, then new spiritual experiences could arise that inform our cosmological understanding.
    That's the point I'm trying to get across - there are millions of us who do not care to follow christ or read the bible yet we are ethical, love peace, love one another, have forgiveness and are selfless. All that did not come from a ife of devotion to a god, we're just like that because we were raised that way. And that's how I'm raising my kids.
    earthpages Posts: 44, Reputation: 6

Apr 21, 2007, 02:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    That's the point I'm trying to get across - there are millions of us who do not care to follow christ or read the bible yet we are ethical, love peace, love one another, have forgiveness and are selfless.
    Check out these New Testament passages (click on links):

Mark 2:17 And hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not

Matthew 9:13 "But go and learn what this means: 'I DESIRE COMPASSION,
    insummer Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

May 17, 2007, 11:10 PM
    When I was two I began calling my grandmother by a name only ever used by her own father for her. He died a year before I was born. I also told her that I forgave her. It scared the hell out of her at first. So, do I believe in reincarnation? I don't know but my Grandmother says she does now.
    frenchmusic Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

Jun 2, 2012, 06:09 PM
    I believe in reincarnation. I am atheist, however, and I have lived for hundreds of years. I am physically sixteen. It makes little sense to me; being a sixteen year old girl in Africa.

It explains my de ja vu, familiarity with people whom I have just met, immediate understanding of humans, unreal bonds with humans, recurring dreams where in which I am a Native American. My profound attraction to certain colours, textures and sound. I am certain.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 2, 2012, 07:06 PM
    Closed, why a new members goes to a 5 year old post to answer is beyond me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search