Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cantstandit Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Goodman 3ton split unit Heat will not come on
    After turning up heat, blower will not come on, or the heat. What do I look for or trouble shoot?. thanks
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 06:47 PM
    1st,check breakers, 2nd,if its gas make sure the doors is on tight, 3rd is thermostat telling it to come on?jumper or tir the red and white stat wires together,this bupasses the stat see if it now works,if so consider a bad thermostat,may need replaced

Dec 6, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Got power on both legs, this is a split unit, already jump and nothing happen. Just bypass the thermostat and jump at termial strip. :mad:
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Does anything happen when you turn the thermostat up to 80 degrees or so? Does a motor start running anywhere in the furnace? Give a little more info and we might can help.

Dec 6, 2007, 08:10 PM
    Nothing happens, I turn up the thermostat to 80 on heat, then auto, Motor does not come on, nor does the strips come on, it's like no power, but I check with meter and getting 120 to both legs. Try jumping at the terimal strip, on the white and red lugs. "Nothing" After turning up the Tstat, I get no idiot light on green or red is not on.

Thanks Cantstandit
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 08:53 PM
    At some point,there must be a relay,sequencer or something that power is going to but not coming out the other side,, did you check for power going into and coming out of the step-down transformer,, should have 220 going in and 24 volts coming out,,
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2007, 09:12 PM
    No light likely means a blown fuse. For a picture of what to look for see https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ons-58313.html
    If the fuse is OK, if it is a gas furnace, follow the sequence of operations. Post back either telling us you found and fixed the problem, or give more details.

Dec 7, 2007, 05:24 PM
    This not a gas unit, a split unit with a coils,plus ele strips, I check all power coming in on both leggs at 120, inside the unit there is a small contol board, all the leads coming from it goes to a termail strips, and all the T-stat leads hook up there, Where do I check for the 24v power on the strip? What colors? Thanks
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 06:31 PM
    I do this so I can see the result
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Red is always one side of the transformer. Often the other is blue or brown. It may be marked common. If you have an indicator light on or flashing, you have 24 volts.
    housemutt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 05:09 AM
    I have a goodman split gas unit that blows no heat. Turn to auto it blows no air, turn to on, it blows only cool air. Thermostat is on but nothing is happening. What do you think is the problem!! It is getting cold here!! :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Split unit system [ 2 Answers ]

How is the split unit of a/c system work,whai is the component of the split unit and what is the troubleshooting of this unit

Goodman ac unit [ 4 Answers ]

I have a goodman gmp-150 unit,it keeps burning the indoor unit transformer.Can someone help me please? Thanks

Goodman unit heat pump connecting toRTH7400 stat [ 1 Answers ]

Installed new units 2 1/2 ton goodman units, installed factory 14.25 kw heating element. My biggest problem is the low voltage wiring. The indoor unit has 5 wires coming out they are red,green, white, brown, blue. The outside unit has 5 wires also, blue, white, orange, yellow, red. The cond....

Outside unit doesn't come on when thermostat turns inside unit on so no heat? [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat will trip my heater to turn on. The inside blower turns on but the outside unit doesn't turn on. I can get it to go by turnign off the unit at the thermostat and waiting a minute. I turn it on and off until I hear the outside unit turn on. The problem is when the Thermostat turns if...

Rheem Split Unit A/C not cooling properly [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem split unit heater / ac RGDG-075AUER. It appear to be from 1994 based upon the serial number CB5D302-F1994-1196. The unit does not provide proper cooling for my townhome. When the AC is turned on it will initially blow cool air, but eventually the air appears warmer as if only a fan...

View more questions Search