Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kadit Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Dec 6, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Kids movie late 1970s to mid 1980s, fantasy film genre, know it?
    I'm trying to find the title of a specific kids movie about a young boy who lived in the city with relatives and ends up swept away to another place while trying to get his kite, I believe. The details are very hazy:mad: , but I definitely remember that he ended up going on a quest with another young boy who played the movies theme song on his pipes. Along the way they met with locals who were kind, giving them "bread that satisfies all hunger" and showing them a special well that could show them things. They journey ended up at a decrepid keep run by a man (knight?) who had a "heart of stone" and was guarded by these birds who I think were actually the stolen souls of warriors. They end up captured, the boy in a cage in a large tower and the other lost in an oubliette or something similar. In any case, he rescues him from the cage and they end up defeating the knight who by this time they discover is actually our little hero's father. There was one rather well made sequence were the knight turns to stone and crumbles, releasing the red ruby that was his heart. The movie might be British that I tend to believe it was a FHE (Family Home Entertainment), but I'm not sure. Anyone who could shed some light on this would be greatly appreciated!:D
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 06:34 PM
    I hope someone can identify it. It sounds like something I would like to see.
    zyi Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Dec 6, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Lol yes I'd like to see that too
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 09:39 PM
    C'mon, Emland, you know this one! It's our old friend Mio and the Land of Faraway.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Never heard of it, Purukivel. Too bad Netflix doesn't have it, either. Don't know if I want to blow $40 on Amazon to check it out. Is it really good?
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 10:05 AM
    My gut reaction is to say "Hell to the no." But I believe our illustrious compatriot Stardust713 can weigh in with a more informed opinion.
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Dec 7, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Well this may come as a shock, but I've actually never seen it. At least I don't think I have. But it has Christian Bale (who I've been in love with since I saw Newsies when I was 5) and Christopher Lee so it can't be too bad. I really want to see it.
    kadit Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Dec 17, 2007, 11:29 AM
    OMG thank you sooooo much! I think this is the movie, finally! I've been looking forever and am now awaiting its delivery, which seems like it's taking almost as long lol.:o This was my favorite movie up until I wore out the tape around 5 years old. Then no one could remember what it was called!
    Amadeo Devis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 06:06 AM
    It is rather funny... I typed "Bread that satisfies all hunger" into Google and this was the first link I clicked... someone else using that same line to try and identify Mio and the Land of Faraway. I used to be a favorite of the school librarian... and she would let me borrow movies all the time... I must have borrowed that movie more than a dozen times... But I never even realized that it had Christopher Lee or Christian bale... but it explains a lot about the reasons I enjoyed it so much.
    splooie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 08:07 AM
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

I was starting to think I was going crazy. I asked everyone I met for the last 15 years and not one person has heard of it. I'm forever in your debt. For those who can not wait for snail mail...

Mio in the Land of Faraway 1987 ENGLiSH DVD-RiP XviD : Movies > Adventure - Mininova

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kids Fantasy Movie Title? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I remember renting this particular movie a couple of times when I was younger. Can't think of the title and have been searching everywhere on how to find the title without much luck. I've been told its Mio and the Land of Faraway but there is a scene that doesn't match that particular movie. ...

Late 80s or early 90s children movie weird fantasy kids [ 1 Answers ]

This is what I recall about the movie!: These two kids travel to a strange land... There are a certain kind of people there. I remember these people being thrown or jumping into this hole/or pit, that kind of resembled an anal sphincter, in retrospect. Well, they would be spat forth by this...

Late 80's early 90's Fantasy Animated Film [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the name of this film. The only image that comes to mind is, this kid goes downstairs notices the door to his kitchen is glowing. When he goes to open the door a flood of black goo consumes him and basically whisks him away to a medieval-esque world. I need to know this to keep my...

1980s kids christmas movie [ 5 Answers ]

OK, people keep on telling me I'm takling about toy story, but this film was NOT animated and I watched it when I was a little kid. I can only remember bits and pieces, something about a new toy for christmas for the kids that's under the tree, and all of the toys that these kids already have come...

Fantasy 80s Kids Movie [ 3 Answers ]

I have been searching for this for EVER! If someone can help me that'd be great. BraggLL had originally posted a message similar to this, but I remmeber more. A small child, I think a little girl. Somehow this puppet-like fantasy animal crosses over into her world. She, or he possibly,...

View more questions Search