Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephens_cj5 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 05:40 PM
    "State Select" electric water heater
    I have a "State Select" electric water heater that shuts off just about everyday now and it didn't start doing it until the weather started to cool off. Not sure if the weather and the heater shutting of are related. It's just a matter of pushing the red reset button to get it going again. Is this the first hint that the heater is going. It is only three yerars old.

Model: ES652DORTGW
    50 GALLON

Any suggestions?
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Sounds like maybe the temperature is set too high. The red button has a spring under it. If that spring gets too hot it will shut off. You also may simply need a new thermostat. State water heaters usually fail [leak] at 12 years old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State Select Water Heater [ 24 Answers ]

Power direct vent water heater blower will not shut off. Plenty of hot water. Gas water heater. 75 gallons. State select model pr6 75n rvt. The blower is integral to the unit. I could not find the exact model number on the web site and did not find the problem under the troubbl shooting guide....

State Select Electric Hot Water Heater Shutting Off [ 27 Answers ]

We have a fairly new electric State Select brand hot water heater that recently began shutting off and we have to use the reset button to turn it back on. We cannot locate the owners manual and do not know how to adjust the elements to correct this issue. Can anyone help or tell us what could...

Electric heater has a hum even when not "on" [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have a question about an electric heater I just got. It is a Dayton model TYV14, 240 volt, 38 amp, 9.2kwh. It seems to be working OK, thermostat is OK, but the question I have is should it make a humming sound, even when not in a heating/blowing cycle? There is a very quiet hum...

View more questions Search