Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 12, 2005, 09:07 AM
    Message boards
    On top of doing photography I would also like to start a message board. I already have one planned in my head. I would like to have some tips on getting started and what do I have to look out for.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2005, 10:57 AM
    Try SMF. It's very popular and free:
    http://www.simplemachines.org/

The top issue is Security. Be sure you keep it updated with the latest version - which will address the "holes" that hackers find.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2005, 11:14 AM
    My suggestion is assuming you have a website already. Do you?

If not, I love Lunarpages - and have 11 sites with them now. They're not the cheapest ($95 per year), but the service and features are awesome... and they've got a great support forum too: www.lunarforums.com

You could use the site for both your photography AND a message board.

... and I see crankiebabie.com is available!
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Oct 31, 2007, 07:30 AM
    I second the SMF recommendation. There are free hosting services out there for SMF, but I haven't tried any of them. Some are advertising-driven. I'd do a little research before deciding on one, if you go the free route. Google "free smf hosting", find a list of free services, then Google their names to see what others have said about them.

Vasily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insulated sheathing boards [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone had any experience with the polyisocyanurate foam sheathing boards ? I'm considering using one of the R4 rated .6" boards over a standard rigid wafer type sheathing before attach the fiber cement planked siding. Would a exterior wrap such as Permawrap also be helpful ? Can a wavy effect...

Front Porch needs boards replaced [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My front porch needs some boards replaced. The previous owner did a quickie repair job on some rotted wood. We have 2 pillars and on the outside front corner they sawed the decking at the pillar base so now we need to hire someone to jack up the roof and replace the boards underneath. ...

View more questions Search