Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HarajukuGirl Posts: 207, Reputation: 9

Dec 6, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Tape worm
    I am scared I have one- most likely no because the only raw meat I eat is Sushi.

"Often no signs or symptoms
    Most people who are infected with tapeworm don't show symptoms.

Signs and symptoms of intestinal infection
    Most likely, you won't have any signs or symptoms with an intestinal infection. It's possible you might notice segments of the adult tapeworm (proglottids) in your stool. Other possible signs and symptoms include:

* Nausea
    * Weakness
    * Loss of appetite
    * Abdominal pain
    * Diarrhea
    * Weight loss and inadequate absorption of nutrients from food"

Now I don't think I have the weight loss one but the rest of them I have... What else can it be?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 04:16 PM
    I saw yoyr other post and you really need to see a doctor. You could have a infection that needs medical attention. You would not want an infection to inter your blood stream, this could cause a whole new set of problems. You can dicusss yout tapeworm concerns with them.

Dec 6, 2007, 04:20 PM
    I dislike my doctor so much >< She never helps me. Every time I go it's the same thing "Breath deeply, breath out, kay now lets take your blood pressure..ok your fine goodbye take care"

But I am going to make an appointment ASAP.
    :/ I just hope if there is a problem- nothing else was caused from it.
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 04:22 PM
    I understand where you are coming from... but it isn't wise to give out medication every time. Something things just take time to heal on their own.
    Really it is better for your body to heal itself when possible. But blood in the urine is really something that needs to be taken car of by the Dr.

Dec 6, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Yeah... ahhh well I hope I'm okay and this is just early period symptoms..
    Thanks though!

Dec 6, 2007, 04:53 PM
    **Come to think of it, how do they check for a tape worm?
    I heard you have to poop and I was thinking"I can't just poop anytime I wanted to"

So it seemed weird.
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 10:49 PM
    This is how my children's doctor told me to check.. At night when the lights are out take a flash light and look between their but cheeks it will be visible. Gross! I know that was about 12 years ago, maybe they have a new method... by the way mine did not have them
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Dec 7, 2007, 05:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    This is how my childrens doctor told me to check..At night when the lights are out take a flash light and look between their but cheeks it will be visible. Gross! I know that was about 12 years ago, maybe they have a new method...by the way mine did not have them
    That's how my mom had to check us when we were younger too! I hope I never have to do that to my little boy LOL

Dec 7, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Hahahahahaaaa that made my day! Ahhh :D
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 7, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    This is how my children's doctor told me to check.. At night when the lights are out take a flash light and look between their but cheeks it will be visible.
    Bush, I was going to disagree with you as this answer is ABSOLUTELY WRONG as far as tapeworm goes.

This is how you detect PINWORM not tapeworm.

This is how tapeworm is diagnosed...

You may notice infection by checking your stool for parts of the adult tapeworm. But it's likely you'll need your doctor to check your stool or send samples to a laboratory for testing. A laboratory may use microscopic identification techniques to check for eggs or tapeworm segments in your feces. The lab may need to collect two to three samples over a period to detect the parasite, since eggs and tapeworm segments are released irregularly into the stool.

For tissue-invasive infections, your doctor may also test your blood for antibodies your body may have produced to fight tapeworm infection. The presence of these antibodies indicates tapeworm infestation. Certain types of imaging, such as CT or MRI scans, also may suggest the diagnosis.
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Thank you j9 for clearing that up, I will do more searching, instead of relying on my faulty memory. Pin woms cause itchy but... ah now I remember.

Dec 7, 2007, 02:39 PM
    That story was still funny from bush but thanks J_9 :).

Everyone is telling me I have a tummy virus but I rather be safe then sorry
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Dec 8, 2007, 04:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I was gonna disagree with you as this answer is ABSOLUTELY WRONG as far as tapeworm goes.

This is how you detect PINWORM not tapeworm.

This is how tapeworm is diagnosed...
    Thanks for the knowledge doc :) I was sooo wrong, I just remember mom checking me like that when I was younger... but guess it was the wrong kind of worm :) Thanks for the clear-up J! You are great!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tape worm medication dosage [ 5 Answers ]

I have two young puppies that have been medicated once by the D-Worm brand tape worm remover. It seems to have taken care of the problem but should I follow up with another dosage later on or is one enough. Thanks.

Zhelatin.ch worm [ 6 Answers ]

I've done full system scan with AVG Anti-Spyware Microsoft Malware Finder AVG Anti-Virus, and Spybot and I get a clean bill of health from all of them, but a little freebie called Malware Sweeper finds Zhelatin.ch I tell it to delete and it says it did but it does not.

Worm Pills [ 1 Answers ]

From a PM: ''Hay how are you? I just wanted to ask you a quick question. I have three dogs. A cat, 2 fish, so meds for all them can get expensive (not to mention the food) but I am sure you know this. Question do you think it is safe to order meds online for them? The last time I ordered they were...

Worm in puppies [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy is a 18 week old mix Australian sheppard, and he has roundworms - first sign on Sunday. I brought him to the vets for a deworming on Monday 8am, and he also got his first vaccine, so since Sunday he will not eat a thing. He is lethargic and vomits about once every two hours (few worms),...

Sasser.B.Worm [ 3 Answers ]

Was recently infected by Sasser.B.Worm virus. I loaded the Microsoft patch and the Norton Anti-Virus correction tool. Norton now says that their scan does not detect the virus. Part of Norton's instrcutions was to use their software to quarantine the infected files, which I did. ...

View more questions Search