Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Dec 13, 2005, 02:19 PM
    Space Cadets Uranus!
    Main points for me so far:

Johnny Vaughan talking with subtitles to simulate the silence of space.
    Told that three artificial gravity generators are stopping "things" from floating around.Haaaaaaa!
    The Uranus anthem!! Very silly.
    At the end of the whole show they will genuinely go to Russia and see their space center,and go into "zero g" aboard the "vomit comet".Obviously,they know nothing about this yet.
    Seeing Earth from space,er,Ipswich.Apparently the screen illusion was displaying at +10 times the definition of HD broadcasts.Wow!
    Live long and prosper suckers... :eek:
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2005, 11:14 PM
    Well having just got out of university about 1 1/2 years ago my finances are still in a mess so I won't be going anyway exotic for a while. Looks like France or Spain are the best I can do (and that's to stay with my girlfriend's family who live out there)

RIght, last night Space Cadets - Did it make anyone else like such a meanie (to put it politely). The 4 of them were just saying all this really nice stuff about how humbled they were and thanking everyone etc. It just made me feel bad about laughing at them for the last few days :D Johnny Vaughan is starting to annoy me now though - he's just not as funny as he used to be. Tonight's one should be good as it looks like they are just going to see how far they can push the cadets with stupid jokes etc.

Dec 15, 2005, 03:21 PM
    The Truth be out
    Holy mackerel space lovers.Johnny Vaughan has told the six that did'nt get into space (Ipswich),that the whole thing is a con,but each of them will get £5 grand each.Tonight,without the knowledge of the four astronuts!! they went aboard the shuttle mock-up,and gazed down upon planet HD screen,and were amazed.I can't wait to see the other's reaction tomorrow,when they find out the whole thing was a hoax.Haaaaaaaa!!

Live long and prosper suckers:D

Hmnn.According to the word on the official Channel 4 forum,some are saying that the "live" feed is really 15 minutes out.Ie when you watch the show on E4 (for Brits only),it has already been edited for content,but the hour long live version,with Johnny Vaughan,is really live.Oh yeah?
    Finally,also heard a rumour that the astronuts will get ready to do a "live" space-walk tomorrow,towards the finale end.And then the TV crew will pull apart the shuttle scenery,and reveal Ipswich.That's not confirmed officially,but if it happens,what an ending!!
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2005, 02:37 AM
    Did anyone catch the last episode? I missed it due to an Xmas party.

Dec 19, 2005, 03:18 AM
    Splashdown Ipswich
    The final frontier:

All made to sing a song to "monkey Bimbi",the first Soviet animal into space?
    Bimbi's ashes are dropped all over the shuttle floor,and he is cleaned up with a dustpan and brush.
    Charlie the actor aboard the shuttle,passes a "worm",and is very sick.Nope,it's another hoax!
    He can't go aboard the shuttle "pod",with the remaining three,to do a space walk,as he's too ill.
    Once in the pod,the crew receive a video message from Johnny Vaughan showing them "nearly" stumbling on the truth,over the past ten days.Then he shows them video of the simulator.
    They can't believe it,and there's a lot of "beep-beep" editing.
    The pod is opened up,to reveal the studio,where the other "astronuts" are,plus all the families.
    Johnny Vaughan shows them clips from the whole show.
    He tells them they will each get £25,000,plus a real trip to Starcity,in Russia,to see all of their space program sites,plus a trip in zero "g",aboard the vomit comet.

All the press here in the UK,said the show was crap,and a complete waste of time,but I thought it was funny.
    Oh yes,Channel 4,and Johnny Vaughan,are going to Starcity,next year,to show us how the "winning three" get on.Whether it's live,or recorded,I don't know,but that should be a laugh as well.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2005, 06:22 AM
    Reality Shows
    Hi,
    I really don't care for these "Reality Shows" either. Don't watch them.
    But, whatever makes money for the Networks and Producers is what will be aired.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2005, 06:27 AM
    My favorite "reality tv" show is America's Funniest Home Videos.

Some of them get me rolling on the floor laughing!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Space... I think... [ 3 Answers ]

I'm sort of new to actual dating... I went out with a few guys in school.. but the relationship really never left school. Once I graduated I fell in love with a guy from australia... was with him for 2 years... and went to see him for 6 months... I waited patiently for 2 years (until three weeks...

Need space [ 6 Answers ]

New here I am recently separated from my kid's mother, just simply fell in love with another woman.started out great than ex started calling and harassing new woman in my life.saying thing's like we are going to get back together,to stay away from our kid's wich limit's my time with new woman she...

Space bar [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, It must be something I done, wonder if anybody can help. When I'm in M.S.Word I press my space bar and I get a stop / dot Full stop. Also my Font size icon and my left justify, right justify and centre icons have gone. Any ideas?

Web space [ 10 Answers ]

Is there is any space in the web where I can store my files for free then download them later My files are about 10 gig So its easier for me to have those files anywhere home, office , etc Thanks

Web Space [ 4 Answers ]

Hey. Looking for a site to host ZIP files so people can download them off another site. Example: My site is hosted on MTS. I want to be able to click a link on an MTS website which will allow me to download a file from the X hosting site where I store them. 100% free please, and a file size...

View more questions Search