Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaz8772 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2005, 12:37 AM
    1964 Tub Replacement
    I have purchased a Swanstone Retrofit shower base. I did the measurements from the original tub drain to the wall and thought everything was going to line up. Little did I know that the drain was actually much closer to the wall studs and that it T'd to go under the tub drain.

The shower base drain I have with the base installs 'mechanically' onto a 2" pipe, but the drain pipe I have a) isn't 2" and b) isn't in the right spot. I am attaching pictures to show what I am talking about and hopefully you can help me.

Kris
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 12, 2005, 06:22 AM
    Hey Kaz,

I've looked at your pictures and what you have is a "P" trap under ground with the bottom half of a tub waste and over flow sticking up out of the tub dap out.
    You're going to have to dig that trap up and reconfigure the drainage to where it will line up with your shower base. Until I can see a picture of the trap and determine its size and some sort of a idea of where it has to be moved to line up with the shower drain I'm flying blind and can't be of much help. Would you care to come back with more details? Regards, tom
    kaz8772 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2005, 06:57 AM
    I will get that info tonight when I get home. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub Replacement with a Shower [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, we have an old house that had a clawfoot tub that drained into the wall about 6 inches above the floor. We now want to replace it with a shower. How do we get the drain problem figured out? We are on a slab foundation. Please any info will help!!

Replacement Value [ 2 Answers ]

My Insurance Company says that the replacement cost of my house is about three times the market value. They say I must insure it for 80% of what they say is the replacement cost or they will not completely pay for partial damage. How can I prove to them that their replacement cost is not...

1964 Ford Fairlane... Died and Won't start. [ 1 Answers ]

Quick history. Rebuilt the car in High School. Ran for about two years. Had brittle wire problems so put the car down for about 5 years. Just rewired the whole car, rebuilt the carburetor, and replaced the ignition switch. I licensed and registered the car and drove it from my parents house to...

Boiler replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Chicago in a 2300 sq ft ranch. The home was built in 1955, and has the original boiler, which was converted from oil to natural gas. Although the boiler is working fine, I wonder about replacing it as the cost of natural gas keeps going up. The efficiency of the new boilers must be far...

Tub Replacement [ 10 Answers ]

Attached picture. I have gutted the bathroom and am installing an enameled steel tub on a slab(the original was cast iron). I test fitted the tub and drain assembly. The tub fits fine but the waste shoe for the drain hole is about an inch too low (the new tub bottom is higher than the old...

View more questions Search