jeepey Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Struggling with a simple equation
    Hello

Can anyone please help with this simple problem :confused:
    (see attached word document)

Any help appreciated. :)
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Problem.doc (19.0 KB, 183 views)
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Dec 6, 2007, 02:17 PM
    The problem you have listed is

and you want to solve for P0.
    First I'll convert 3 4/7 to 3.57

Your first problem is when you moved 46.4 to the left you got 37, but it should be 36.9.
    Your second problem is that you divided 37 by 7 6/35 incorrectly. I'm not sure what you did to get 0.1938 but you should have converted 7 6/35 into a single fraction, 251/35 and then divided 37 by that or multiplied by 35/251 which would have given 1295/251... which is still wrong because of your first mistake.

Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Struggling with housebreaking [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, New member I need to know what is the right way to house break my seven week old miniature dachshund I have read book after book some say let him in and out of the crate some say make him stay in there all day except to eat and potty but he has already using it in his crate I Don't KNOW WHAT...

Struggling with decision [ 9 Answers ]

I am 39 years old, divorced, and have 3 teenage children 14-18. I have had a difficult time regulating my periods on the pill. Recently the doctor changed my pill to a lower dosage. I have continued to spot and bleed in between. THis month I needed to start taking a new pack of pills and had not...

Anyone else struggling? [ 25 Answers ]

Hi all. I know that most of us here are going through breakups and I wonder if anyone else has been going through periods of feeling like you are over it one week, then tempted to contact your ex the next week? I am just going through a cycle lately where one minute I will feel that I am over him...

Word equation as chemical equation and balance [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with these. I don't get it.:confused: Aluminum bromide + chlorine yield aluminum chloride +bromine Potassium chlorate when heated yields potassium chloride + oxygen gas Hydrogen +nitrogen monoxide yield water + nitrogen

View more questions Search