Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Magdalena Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Dec 6, 2007, 12:12 PM
    What is the best method to win Lottery
    Hi, everyone,
    What is the best method to win the lottery?
    Why I can't to work manually for my ticket,and is recommended a software?
    And,if occasionally is logical possible to win, why not permanently? I mean,is there possible to make an income from lottery?
    Please, I must many opinions to be convinced.
    Thanks in advance
    Magdalene
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Dec 6, 2007, 12:35 PM
    You definitely can not make an income from the lottery unless you win the jackpot which is VERY unlikely.

I used to work in a place that sold lottery and it was very sad to see the people who would come in and buy MUCH more than they can afford. There were a few who would spend $100 or more every week on the lottery and then only win MAYBE $10 each week. You can become addicted to playing the lottery, and it is very hard to kick it.

This is not logical, you WILL put more money into the lottery then you will win.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 12:58 PM
    The lottery is a voluntary tax for people that don't understand mathematics.

Take the money you would spend on the lottery and invest it in a money market account. You will be better off in 20 years.

Dec 6, 2007, 01:00 PM
    You wrote that you want more info... what more do you what to know?

Dec 6, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Emland is right, say if you spend only $10 a week on the lottery that adds up to $104,000 in 20 years. And in 20 years you will most likely have not have won that much to have made an earning.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2007, 01:08 PM
    the answer is NO... it isn't logical to make income from the lottery.

it's a matter of statistics and odds. The games are designed such that the number of possible combinations are so big that payouts are rare.

its really simple probability. You can refuse to believe all you want. You think waren buffet or bill gates invests their millions in lottery tickets?

not going to work. You can pretend that the mathematical odds aren't against it, but that's your choice I guess.

ill throw a buck their way now and then, but I'm not planning my financial future on a statistically unlikely event.

still don't believe me? Read the following link... has terrible font... don't get too caught up in the math, just read their conclusions... which is the people who set up the lottery know what they are doing. They are not trying to make you rich. They are not trying to give you income. They are counting on more dollars coming in than out. They set it up statistically so that wins are rare.

and just because this addresses the big payoff, don't think they haven't done the same calculations for the smaller prizes.

How to Hack the Lottery - DocDroppers

Dec 6, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Tomorrow I'll have more time to link to your recommendation
    Magdalene

I'm also a skeptical regarding lottery. But one year ago I knew a man that won serious money at lotto,immediately hired a room in the hotel,took two boys and computer and since then win permanently including three times jackpot {in a single year}.
    Since I don't stop to think about. Maybe there is a new method... For sure, he buy many tickets... I also know that he makes it manually. I don't understand why he needs a computer? And I know that he is so far from mathematics and statistical knowledge because anterior he was a farmer{horse}
    How you explain it?
    Magdalene

Dear Kp2171,
    After I've read the article you recommended I am disappointed by the "black"opinion of author. Nothing he said new for me. Nevertheless I respect his point of view.
    When I asked about income, I intended about a modest income,not necessary a jackpot. This may be a win/win situation for all including states. I asked if somebody knows such method for this purpose.
    If I told about story of one man I know precisely ,I presume that there are many others in the world like this one that know maybe the "secret".
    Magdalene
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Hello M:

The house always wins, and you aren't the house. People have been trying to change that forever. Nobody ever has.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 7, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Lottery numbers are drawn at random. There are many "systems" for predicting what the numbers will be but they are all guesswork. I'm curious where you heard about this man. Was he, by chance, trying to sell you his system?
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Don't you understand that, as mentioned, even the lesser prizes are figured into the odds and the dollars in/dollars out ratios.

There are a lot of shams and scams out there.

Just because someone says they won doesn't mean they did. If its true, where was it? What's the mans name? Where do you live? These are not issues that are secret.

I know, I know... you don't want to blow the cover.

You are not smarter than mathematical formulas. This isn't about tracking patterns. This isn't about foreign policy or elections or war or the housing market (all of which can affect things like the stock market)... the drawing of a ball is a statistically independent event from all the others, and outside of physical tampering with the machine or balls, there is no system.

Can someone win a big prize more than once? Yes. Its happened. Statistically can a person be hit my lightening more than once and live. Happens.

You want to spend your time on this instead of reasonable investment strategy, OK. Your life.

Like I said, ill throw a buck their way now and then. Its irresponsible and naïve to think this is a good way to make a modest living. Start a small business. Employ people. Build something. Create something.

Can you make an honest living playing bingo three nights a week? no. same ideas folks.

I get the feeling that this thread is just going to go on and on with "but...but...but"...
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2007, 10:09 AM
    "black" opinion of the author, as in a dim or poor opinion of "methods to win"?.

See... that's the problem right there. It is statistical fact. Mathematical answers. It is not opinion!

But you don't believe in math I guess? Explain?
    SnakeBite Posts: 68, Reputation: 4

Dec 9, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mjl
    Emland is right, say if you spend only $10 a week on the lottery that adds up to $104,000 in 20 years. And in 20 years you will most likely have not have won that much to have made an earning.
    How does $10 a week add up to $104,000 in 20 years?
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2007, 12:46 PM
    10,400... though the point is probably just as valid.

Dec 9, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    10,400... though the point is probably just as valid.
    I understand the point. I just didn't know how he/she came up with their numbers :confused:

Dec 9, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Big deal... I accidentally put one extra 0!

Dec 9, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mjl
    big deal... I accidently put one extra 0!
    Add that extra zero to my bank account. Pleazzz:)

Dec 9, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Haha

Dec 9, 2007, 10:07 PM
    Hi,
    I explain "random" as we know the effect, we don't know the cause.
    All mathematical formulas concerning Lotto are based on probability. This means "maybe".
    And all work on the effect, not on the cause.
    Please, understand me right. I'm not advocating against math. I only ask many questions to find-with your help- new fresh perspective regarding this issue, instead from what you knew until now.
    Do you allow me that??
    We live in 21 Century.
    Magdalene

Dec 9, 2007, 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena
    Hi,
    I explain "random" as we know the effect, we don't know the cause.
    All mathematical formulas concerning Lotto are based on probability. This means "maybe".
    And all work on the effect, not on the cause.
    Please, understand me right. I'm not advocating against math. I only ask many questions to find-with your help- new fresh perspective regarding this issue, instead from what you knew until now.
    Do you allow me that??????????
    We live in 21 Century.
    Magdalene
    HUH? This makes no sense to me:confused:
    Put quite simply for the thread starter - The odds are against you to win let alone earn a living playing the lottery. But it doesn't hurt to buy a few tickets a week and have hope that you may be that lucky winner...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 10, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Comments on this post

Magdalena disagrees: The numbers are NOT drawn at random
    First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

Now what lottery are you referring to where the numbers are not drawn at random? I'll use the Powerball and Megamillions multi-state lotteries in the US as examples.Both use a system where numbered ping pong balls are drwn into an air chute randomly. In every lottery I've seen the number are generated randomly, from some seed number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Euro Lottery [ 22 Answers ]

Wow apparently I just won a lump sum pay out of 1.000.000.00 Euro.(One Million Euro):D Anyone care for a vacation on me!? LMAO!! Okay, who wants what? I'm buying!! :p

Lottery winner [ 3 Answers ]

I've noticed an Ohio store clerk lottery winner of a million dollars, decided to take $50,000 annually for a number of years. After IRS taxes it would be only $34,000 annually. That a 68% tax bite. So I guess IRS has a certain tax rate for gambling proceeds. Too bad You could not include it as...

Best method for winning the lottery [ 20 Answers ]

What method of playing the lottery has the best chance of winning, by letting the computer select the numbers or by the Player selecting the numbers?

The Lottery Ticket [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone written a personal study on this short story by Anton Chekhov:)

View more questions Search