Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Dec 6, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Hypnosis: Real or make-believe?
    I'm very, very skeptical about hypnosis but wouldn't it be fantastic if it were real?
    I tried all the self-hypnosis stuff years ago and even went to a hypnotherapist for 3 sessions but I ultimately concluded that none of it had even the slightest effect.

Can anyone prove to me that it's real? Forget the "if you've ever been on a long drive..blah blah blah" stuff, that's not hypnosis! I'm talking about real physical effects such as the "floating arm" or "fingers locked" tests. I've tried them more times than I can remember but not once have I experienced so much as a twitch.

I would dearly love to be proved wrong but so far, sadly, I seem to be right.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2007, 07:11 AM
    You have to give your free will over to being hypnotized that is why it doesn't work for skeptics because they resist it.
    It must be real because many people get hypnotized to quit smoking and they say it works for them but often eventually wears off. Edgar Cayce was said to have had a lot of success with hypnotizing.

Personally I would never want to be hypnotized.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't believe in hypnosis? [ 13 Answers ]

Recently I was told that hypnosis is a great way to get over an ex girl friend and that you can for get all about her and move on even if you have to see her every day? But I'm still a dis-believer does any body have any info on hypnosis that might change my mind. And how much does it cost? ...

Does anyone have experience with hypnosis? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm looking for feedback from people who have experience with hypnosis, either positive or negative. Also, can you really learn to hynotize yourself?! This is something I've always been scared of but a practitioner has asked me to consider it. Thanks -

How to make her feel like a real woman. [ 3 Answers ]

On a transatlantic flight, a plane passes through a severe storm. The turbulence is awful, and things go from bad to worse when one wing is struck by lightning. One woman, in particular, loses it. Screaming, she stands up in the front of the plane. "I'm too young to die," she wails. Then...

Hypnosis - Has it helped anyone? [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone tried hypnosis to help lose weight? Has anyone tried 'Positive Changes Hypnosis Weight Loss' clinic franchise in particular? Thanks, Mike

Not a real problem, just a question to make you think? [ 22 Answers ]

Ok I had a friend at work ask me this and I'm passing it on here. Suppose you married your high school sweetheart and were married happily for 25 years. The marriage produced one child. Then one day after 25 years your spouse suddenly died. After the greiving period you met and married...

View more questions Search