Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiffanyfjgh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Good guy treated wrongly
    I am writing to see if anyone can help me to find out if I have any legal rights?I have been employed at my job since Jan, 2006 I have been a good employee always at work and do what I am yold with no complaints even when I worked 10 hours with only a 30 minute lunch break.I got sick with chrones disease(intestinal disease) and started missing work. We repeatedly asked for all the dates that I had missed so that my dr. could write a excuse for ALL days missed but my job kept putting me off. Finally I got so sick that I was put into the hospital. Finding out while there that I had a blockage and needed surgery.while having my surgery I received a letter informing me about cobra insurance.thus, assumion I was terminated. I have never been written up or even notified that I was terminated now my former employer is saying that iwas no call/ no shows which is a complete lie. Therefore they do not want to pay me my unemployment and this is wrong.what can I do? They legally cannot fire me I do not think? Please help I have a family to support and my job screwed me please help if you can
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Dec 6, 2007, 11:52 AM
    The unemployment agency can give you an opportunity to appeal your judgement. Have you tried that yet?

Also, talk to your doctor about getting copies of your medical records to prove absences from work with the dates.

I'm not really sure what else you can do, but good luck to you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Security & Medicare Taxwes Wrongly Withheld [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a citizen of INDIA and I came to US in Aug '03 as a student with a F1 visa. I graduated in Dec '05 and had my OPT started from Jan '06. I got my job in March '06 and I converted my visa from F1 to H1 in Oct '06. So, I am assuming that I still fall under the radar of being exempt...

Social Security & Medicare Taxes Withheld Wrongly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about getting the refund for Soc Sec & Medicare Taxes which was wrongly withheld. I joined my company in Apr 2006 when I was in OPT and I converted my F1 to H1 in Oct 2006. My company or myself wasn't aware that employees who were in OPT were exempt from paying these two...

Wrongly accused. [ 3 Answers ]

In school I found a container and I didn't know what it was... then my deans called me down and asked to search me and said the container had cannibis in it and now I'm getting a ticket. I didn't even know what it was. They said it had residue in it. How can I get out of it? Reply asap Thanks

User a/c administrative a/c deleted wrongly [ 1 Answers ]

Sir I have Microsoft xp programme.I have deleted administrative a/c from my computer and now only guest a/c is working.. what should I do to re-admit administrative a/c without formating ?

Kid wrongly accuses teacher [ 5 Answers ]

Hello... my husband has been teaching at a school for 6 months. (he has been a teacher for 20 years at other schools)... He did not like the school he was teaching at for 6 months, so he gave notice in May that he is quitting on June 30th, when the semester ends... On June 1, when all the kids...

View more questions Search