Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Dec 11, 2005, 04:02 PM
    Web space
    Is there is any space in the web where I can store my files for free then download them later
    My files are about 10 gig
    So its easier for me to have those files anywhere home, office , etc
    Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 11, 2005, 04:11 PM
    Pc
    There is the ability to access your home and/or office PC from everywhere.

Look up www.mypc.com

Dec 12, 2005, 03:00 AM
    Thanks for the reply but is there is any free space available so I can upload my files and then download them on any PC
    I got some data more than 10 gig
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 12, 2005, 04:10 AM
    10 Gig of webspace will cost you a fourtune!! ( in the region of $3,000 a year !)

You would be a lot better off investing in a DVD burner and save your information that way.
    One normal DVD holds 4.7 Gig of data so you'll need at least 3.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2005, 04:44 AM
    Storage
    Hi,
    I agree with Curlyben; 10 gig is a lot of space! I don't know any free sites for that much... most free sites are a lot less than that, and there is always a chance, maybe slim, that the web site might change somewhat and you could lose your information and data... has happened before!
    You could not retrieve your data from just any computer online, but I agree with burning your data to a DVD or CD-R.
    A CD-R/RW burner is less than $50 installed, and one CD will hold about 700 Mb of data. So for 10 Gig, would be almost 15 CD-R's of data to burn.
    A DVD burner would be the best way to go.
    There are also external Flash Drives to use, but can't be accessed online; without using PC Anywhere, etc.
    Best of luck.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2005, 05:02 AM
    I went through the same questions you are going through lately:

There are many online storage places, but they're costly.

I now use Logmein for remote access. The version that allows file transfers is 69.95 per year.

I also use my website to store stuff... so you might consider getting web-space.

GoDaddy's cheapest plan (for 5GB of space) is $75.84 for two years. You could ftp folders and files to it for storage purposes.

(I'm not trying to sell them. I've never used GoDaddy. I use Lunarpages, but they're $95 per year)
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2005, 05:37 AM
    10GB! Ouch.

As everyone has said - getting some online storage for that amount of data is expensive. On top of that you will only be able to put certain items on there. For example - MP3's and movies probably won't be allowed even if brought legally.

As well as DVD burners, try looking around at some external hard drives. They may be more expensive but they will be easy to use than a DVD recorder and the transfer speed would be greater too.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 12, 2005, 06:38 AM
    One option that hasn't been mentioned is an external hard drive. You can get external drives with over 100G capacity for around $100. You might be able to find smaller capacites at lower prices. These drives use a USB connection so you can plug them in just about anywhere.

Dec 12, 2005, 11:00 AM
    Thanks all of you for the reply
    If I buy the external drive is it easly to transfer files between different config pcs?
    Most of my pcs(home,office)got a usb port.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 12, 2005, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by drali77
    Thanks all of you for the reply
    if i buy the external drive is it easly to transfer files between different config pcs?
    most of my pcs(home,office)got a usb port.
    Yes, when you plug the drive into a USB port the PC should recognize it and assign a drive letter. From there its just like using any drive. You can copy files to and from as needed.

Dec 12, 2005, 02:25 PM
    Thanks bruv I will buy a 40 gig external hdd from eBay which got a usb option in it
    And hope I will work for me
    Thanks and merry xmas and a v happy new to all
    Don't forget to reply my other question in this same catogery
    drali77 :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Space... I think... [ 3 Answers ]

I'm sort of new to actual dating... I went out with a few guys in school.. but the relationship really never left school. Once I graduated I fell in love with a guy from australia... was with him for 2 years... and went to see him for 6 months... I waited patiently for 2 years (until three weeks...

Need space [ 6 Answers ]

New here I am recently separated from my kid's mother, just simply fell in love with another woman.started out great than ex started calling and harassing new woman in my life.saying thing's like we are going to get back together,to stay away from our kid's wich limit's my time with new woman she...

He needs his own space? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, my boyfriend and I have been going out for 4 months, but we knew each other previously for another year on top of that, I just turned 20 and he is turning 18. At first we didn't have time for each other, I used to work in a nightclub, very late nights, so I changed my jobs so we could have...

Space bar [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, It must be something I done, wonder if anybody can help. When I'm in M.S.Word I press my space bar and I get a stop / dot Full stop. Also my Font size icon and my left justify, right justify and centre icons have gone. Any ideas?

Web Space [ 4 Answers ]

Hey. Looking for a site to host ZIP files so people can download them off another site. Example: My site is hosted on MTS. I want to be able to click a link on an MTS website which will allow me to download a file from the X hosting site where I store them. 100% free please, and a file size...

View more questions Search