Ask
    manu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2005, 12:37 PM
    Can some one proof read this THANKS
    51-05-65 street
    Kingston, Britain
    900-656-7013

Dear Aunt Selma,

I am Ralph Smithbullet your nephew’s friend met on the island. When the plane we were on crashed land on a topical island. When I first met him I didn’t know if he could come in any use. After a while he started to act and talk smart and he was reasonable. He also was smart look when I met him and kind. He stood with his morals and cling to civilization.
    He was a brave boy and a good speaker. I admired him of his courage, his wisdom. He was the one who knew how to blow the conch. He was the one who first spoke that we should build a fire on the mountain. He was also wise in knowledge and in his behavior. His ideas were wise too and there were always good ideas. He never had any negative thought and he used tell others to think positive. He was like a best friend to me and I really liked it. He was the only one I could real exact trust. He and I were always calm even when I was sad and he comforted me in my needs.
    I truly thought him as my friend, brother that I never had. I wished to God that he would be my best friend forever but, dammed fate didn’t agree. He is the one who gave me courage to stand up when the group splinted apart. He stood thought many rough times that might be horrible but you might be proud that he stood with courage. I thank you Ms Selma that you raised a wonderfully boy and I real respect you and thank for that.

Your Nephew’s best friend,

Ralph Smithbullet
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2005, 05:26 AM
    Proof read?
    Hi,
    Are you asking someone to re-write this for you?
    Thanks.
    reinsuranc Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Dec 13, 2005, 04:57 PM
    Grammatical errors
    There certainly are plenty of grammatical errors, starting with the first sentence:

I am Ralph Smithbullet your nephew’s friend met on the island.

For example, I would rewrite as:

I am Ralph Smithbullet, your nephew’s friend whom he met on the island.

I suggest you (the author) read your letter aloud exactly as you wrote it, and perhaps many of the errors will become apparent.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2005, 06:32 PM
    As tempting as it is (I love proofreading), like others have said, it's really not appropriate for us to do your homework for you. How will you learn anything? Knowing how to proofread is an important skill, especially if you need to write a cover letter to apply for employment!

That being said, I noticed that the letter has a number of spelling mistakes, so I suggest that you use a spell checker or maybe even an old-fashioned dictionary.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2005, 06:35 AM
    Spell checker
    Hi,
    Using a spell checker is an excellent idea, as already suggested.
    If you would like a free one, that I found, it's great.
    You can use it while typing anywhere on the web! It puts an icon on top, with the other icons like Favorites, Mail, Home, etc.
    All you have to do is click on it while typing and it checks everything for you.
    You can get it at:

http://www.download.com/IESpell/3000...ml?tag=lst-0-1

It's called IeSpell. Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proof Reading [ 3 Answers ]

Can you guys help me by proof reading my project below, thanks. Abstract For various years programming was the answer to help many obstacles that faces millions of people. Programming helped people in many ranges and solved many problems in many fields. For blind and...

Proof of ownership [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I built a new house 6 years ago; we received a certificate of occupancy from our township . Do we need a title for the house or the COO is enough proof of the ownership?

Proof by induction [ 2 Answers ]

How can I prove the following? for any integer n>=1, {celling of } = (floor of lg n) + 1 thanks for the help

Proof by Induction [ 3 Answers ]

I need to prove by induction that: 1/(1x3) + 1/(2x4) +... + 1/n(n+2) = n(3n+5)/4(n+1)(n+2) Thanks

Proof Reading [ 1 Answers ]

Can you guys help me by proof reading my project below, thanks. Abstract For various years programming was the answer to help many obstacles that faces millions of people. Programming helped people in many ranges and solved many problems in many fields. For blind and visually...

View more questions Search