Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shailamshinde Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 03:04 AM
    Oracle Vs spread sheet
    What is difference between oracle and spread sheet?
    mdosh01 Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Dec 9, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Oracle is a software company that produces a number of software products, mainly database products for large corporations. See Oracle Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

A spreadsheet is a table of information laid out in rows and columns. Very frequently used for financial calculations but certainly for a multitude of other uses. See Spreadsheet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

So a better comparison is a database to a spreadsheet. A database is a collection of data stored in a computer system. See Database - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Generally, I use a database when I want to keep track of a collection of things and then search on that collection (or list) or produces reports about that list based on certain characteristics. For example, I might do a search to find a person's name in a contact database or how many people in my contact database live in Michigan.

While a spreadsheet is essentially a collection of data as well and can be used as a database, it is better suited for performing calculations, such as a budget or sales information for example. A spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel has many calculations build into it such as average, sum, min, max, etc. that makes working with numbers very convenient.

This is obviously a very high-level overview, but hope it helps.
    positivefanatic Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Oracle is the database Management System that manages data in tables.Excel is the computing solution from Microsoft corporation.

Oracle has lots of features.

To find more details visit:

New Oracle DBA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spread some reputation [ 3 Answers ]

Ok' I'm new to this site. Will some one explain the phrase "spread some reputation around"? Thanks, Prairie Son:confused:

Link masterlist from Sheet to Sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to create a master list of names in one sheet so that when you add or delete rows or columns in the masterlist the other sheets that use this masterlist will automatically add or delete the changes? How would I copy this list. I tried to link it as a formula but that didn't...

View more questions Search