Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Dec 5, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Can't find XP drivers for HP Slimline 3000
    Hello all,

Helping set up an HP Pavilion Slimline 3000 for my father... came with Vista, we all know how bad Vista is, so we got XP. I wiped Vista, and have XP successfully installed and all, but I can't seem to find the drivers for it.

The HP website is USELESS, as it only provides Vista drivers. (Microsoft is so cruel.)

I managed to find some, after some painful surfing. I still need the on-board networking, sound, and video. I don't even know what brand these components are because nothing is labeled inside the machine. I even tried a search on the motherboard and nothing came up. Absolutely NO CDs came with the computer.

I don't want to tell him he needs to go back to Vista, especially after already purchasing (and opening) XP.

Anybody do something similar to this?

I sincerely appreciate your help.
    BenReilly Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

Dec 9, 2007, 02:37 AM
    Hi,

You can try the following program it might help with a few things:
    Unknown Device Identifier - Freeware Download
    I found 2 versions of the slimline at hp.com the S3000e and the S3000y
    For the s3000y version (intel version):
    Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family - Intel® 945 Chipset family information and downloads
    These drivers should take care of all you onboard products
    For the s3000e (amd version):
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
    Enter
    Product type: gforce
    Product series: gforce 6 series
    And hit the Motherboard Drivers button and follow instructions.
    In theory all onboard device drivers should be included in the chipset drivers.
    I hope I took the right slimeline series here for conformation:
    HP Pav. slimline s3000e
    HP Pav. Slimline s3000y
    Motherboard Specs S3000e
    Motherboard Specs S3000y

I hope that will be of some help to you.
    (BTW if you don't know which driver to choose Intel has a Identifier on their website)

Good Luck
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2007, 06:45 AM
    I think there is a program that will help you identify the sound & video cards

Download EVEREST Home Edition 2.20 - Everest Home Edition - a freeware system information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution - Softpedia

You should find most of the information on your computer without getting inside

After you get the information -- Do a Google searchs for the drivers

Dec 9, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Wow! That's great... I don't have the computer here to try it now, but I will be going there hopefully today to work on it. I'm experienced, but I don't always think outside of the box ;)

I'll let you know the results.

Feb 26, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Hmm I never let you know the results, did I? That's not like me... I always come back!

Anyway, I DID indeed use that piece of software and it helped greatly because I could identify the manufacturer. It took a while, but I found 'em all.

And all of the above drivers were useful as well! Thank you so much. The only thing I couldn't get to work was the BlueTooth receiver, but there's no way on this earth my father will use that anytime in the near future.

Mission Accomplished.
    ipes32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2009, 11:37 AM
    I had the same problem the answer to the problem is that yes you will have to go back and install vista and the reason vista does not give you cd's is that they don't want to give you cd that can be used later

Sorry:mad:

Mar 20, 2009, 11:42 AM
    Thanks but I solved this problem over a year ago if you look at the date.

And it is possible. I installed Windows XP on it without too much trouble once I found the drivers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftman DLT 3000 lift arm replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for help in replacing the left side lift arm on the mower deck. It does n ot appear to line up. There are two holes in the frame and neither one lines up.

Hp Pavilion slimline S 3100Y [ 11 Answers ]

Is this a good computer? - Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit) - Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 641 w/ HT Technology, 3.2GHz - 1GB DDR2-667MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x512) - Integrated Intel(R) 950 - USB modem for dial-up Internet access - 250GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive - LightScribe...

Canon ip 3000 pixma printer head problem [ 0 Answers ]

Printer about 1 year old. The black only sporadically prints on a page. Some lines print out faintly, others not at all. The ink is 80% full, ran several cleanings and deep cleanings to no avail. I was printing several pages and this happened all of a sudden. I believe it has something to do...

View more questions Search