Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 10:06 PM
    First warm, later cool air
    From an email:

''Dear Labman,
    You seem to give really intelligent answers on the website I just found on heating problems. Can you help me?. here is the problem as I described it. Thanks in advance for any knowledge you might share.
    Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor replaced. Before that, the furnace wasn't working at all. Now it starts blowing warm (not hot) air, then gradually over a period of a couple of hours, the air cools down until it is completely cold and the temperature in the house drops drastically. The repairman who installed the ignitor advised me to reset a switch on the side of the furnace when this happens... turn it off and then on again. This works as a temporary fix, then in a couple more hours, cold air again. It seems no one is interested in fixing my furnace, only in selling me a new one, although not a single person has been able to tell me exactly what is wrong and how much it would cost to fix it. I don't have any knowledge in this area but I also don't want to spend thousands that I don't have on a new furnace if it's not necessary. Please help! I just want to make a well-informed decision.''

It sounds to me like the flame sensor isn't working right. All it may take is a good cleaning with sandpaper. In order to find and clean it, look at the pictures towards the end of https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ons-58313.html

I appreciate the confidence in me you showed by emailing your question, and th ekind words, but site policy is against asking and answering questions by email or a PM. While I am disappointed with the answers some give here, there are others that know more about furnaces than I do. With this posted in the public forum, somebody may give a better answer.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 6, 2007, 05:51 AM
    I guess we should all start posting are PMs and emails of praise. LOL Good job with the posting labman.

Donbunker900
    New Member Join Date: Nov 2007

Thank you to hvac1000 man!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... thank you hvac1000... furnace works... divorce averted... you da man.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cool shower, warm faucet [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, My shower this morning was very cool, but the water temp to other faucets in the house seemed normal. Any idea why the shower was so cool? Thanks

Surging when warm [ 4 Answers ]

I've got a 94 integra and when it gets warm it starts surging. I've replaced the iacv(calmed it down but did not get rid of it), checked vac lines, reset the idle, don't have a fitv, Coolant is good and bleed/full, and it's a new ecm. This problem has been with the car for some time now. I've had...

No Warm Air [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Yorx Natural gas furnace. When I turn it on by the thermostat, the pilot warms up, the gas lites and air begins to blow for a few seconds. Then the gas shuts off and the system continues to blow only cold air. What is the problem?

Why warm-up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Is it important to do a warm-up before exercising? I was told that it is important to get more oxygen before we start exercising. If this is true, can we use breathing techniques to get more oxygen instead of a warm-up?

View more questions Search