My boys
    From an email:

''Both my dogs are getting neutered Friday, one a black Lab and the other
    Retriever and basset mix, lab is 3 years old and mix is 2 years old, we are
    Doing it late because my husband had some concerns, now finally we are
    Going ahead. Question I am so worried that something might go wrong,
    How safe its neutering, my longtime vet is doing it and I trust him, but
    Still these are my babies... ''

No surgical procedure is 100% safe. Being anesthetized for even the most minor surgery carries risk. I have sent 16 puppies away to school where they were spay/neutered. In any one year I may know a couple dozen others sending their puppies away to school. I have been doing this for over 15 years. In addition, once a year I attend a bigger meting with over 100 others doing the same thing. We get progress reports on our puppies until they graduate as dog guides. We can even meet their new partner and correspond with them. I do not remember anybody's dog dying for any reason while in training.

Thank you for that responsible step. The dogs will never miss it. And you will never regret it.

I appreciate the confidence in me you showed by emailing your question, but site policy is against asking and answering questions by email or a PM. With this posted in the public forum, somebody may post hard figures on complications from neutering. Others will reassure you that you are doing the right thing. If you don't like an answer you get, ignore it. Better late than never.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I be confident around BOYS ? [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: All my life I have been shy. I've never been able to look at boys in the face. Every time I think I get up enough nerve then I chicken out. I don't want to be like this anymore. And I know only I can fix it but I really need some advice. I'm so confused on how to be confident. Sometimes...

Would you call this abuse or rape or boys being boys?AND AM I ALONE? [ 27 Answers ]

Grew up in a home where I didn't get much love/affection and I 'fled' perhaps, by dating only one serious boyfriend from age 16 - 26 (can you say LOSER?) who permitted me to sneak out at night to see him midnight until 2am at 16, who isolated me--alienated my friends, ran off other guys I was...

Incredible boys [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 6 and he is giving me a hard time listening. I have been trying to give him more attention since our 5 month old arrived but its just inpossible to find the time to make every one happy. When I ask him a simple task like to eat his lunch or change his clothes (when dirty) he just...

The boys I want [ 4 Answers ]

I was with this boy for nearly a yr, I love him to death, why doesn't he want me

Boys [ 8 Answers ]

Thought I pass this on from my daughter............... You find out interesting things when you have sons, like: 1.) A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep. 2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search