Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 06:05 PM
    Jack russell barking in crate
    Quote Originally Posted by sandywayne1
    Hi there .. i have a 9 week old jack russell terrier .. am trying to crate train him and it seems ok thru the day but at night he barks and won't stop .. last night i let him bark for a couple hours and than had to take him out due to neighbours .. any suggestions?
    Years ago, one night when I was desperate, I found a simple solution. It and other useful things are in the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251802

It is against site policy to ask or answer questions by PM or email.
    hypermelis01 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 01:06 PM
    Sometimes my puppy does the same thing,(hes 10 months old!) and I end up just taking him out for the same reasons.. I live in a townhouse & my next door neighbors on the right of me aren't so excited about all of us in the first place.

I let my dog fall asleep on the floor next to my bed first and then once he's fast asleep, I tell him to get into his crate. You can also try small treats. Try bringing the crate into your bedroom for a little bit. Or in the hallway (if it isn't already there) I have also found that If I tire him out during the day, he goes into his crate better. I try to walk him for an hour or more each day. Try those suggestions & get back to us on here!

Good luck! I know it's hard! I never had these problems with my dog growing up...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jack Russell pups [ 3 Answers ]

My baby, Peaches and my other baby, Happy, recently had a litter of pups. (sept 18th). She originally had four, but unfortunely, I was at work saving people and was uanble to save 2 of them. I have a couple of questions. They are just a little over a week old and infested w/fleas as are their...

About jack russell puppies [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new jack russell puppy 8 weeks old when do I innoculate and can I give him dried food and scraps rather than canned dog food?

Problems with jack russell [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone very new to this but I have a few problems with my jack russell she is 4 I would like to ask you all if you don't mind. I have not took her to the vet yet because I don't actually know if it's all normal and me being paranoid. I have looked on the net but it is very hard to find things...

About my jack russell [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old darling jack russell. He just got a rabie shot yesterday. March 5. today he is very calm, and quite, he won't eat or drink. He just sleeps. Is this the reaction to the rabie shot. Please someone answer my question. This is my first dog. I am elderly. Got him for a...

View more questions Search