Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cessna182 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Candle Making
    I am a beginner in candle making. Why do the candles I make form a deep cone around the wick when burned? Commercially made candles don't do this. They burn flat. How can I correct this problem?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 05:43 PM
    I noticed with my store bought candles I have that problem. I think it has to do with how big around they are because the heat only melts about an inch or so radius. Are you making 'fat' candles?
    cessna182 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 06:42 AM
    Actually I am using a container that had a "store bought" candle in it. It burned flat but mine doesn't.
    DandelionWish Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2011, 05:19 AM
    hey I just started making candles to and had the same problem, its all to do with the size of the wick =)
    change the size of the wick and it'll solve the problem ;)
    you can buy a candle wick sampler pack and it will have a few different sizes for you so you can try and determine witch size you should be using depending on the container.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Candle Mold [ 4 Answers ]

A long time ago I saw a TV show where they took an object from around the house, lets say a small statue, put it in a box with the top open, poured in a liquid rubberized material, let is set up, took the whole thing out of the box, cut the rubberized material down the middle (not completely down...

Candle Wax on my carpet [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have spilt candle wax on my carpet, I tried to wipe it up straight away but it has just spread. What is the best way to remove it?:)

Physic and Candle light [ 1 Answers ]

A 7·cm tall candle is placed 150·cm from a lens with a focal length of +50·cm. Note: all distances and heights should be strictly positive numbers... the type and orintation of each image is asked for separately. (a) How far from the lens will the image be? cm. (b) How tall will the image be? ...

Candle wax [ 1 Answers ]

Removing candle wax from painted wood

More ideas for candle crafts? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a candle business and we make some pretty cool candle crafts like votive roses and scented animals but I would love some more ideas. Any ideas are appreciated!

View more questions Search