Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwkarch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Temporary buzz when blower comes on
    I have a 10 year old propane forced air furnace in a 10 year old house. Sometimes, but not always, when the blower comes on to heat, I also hear a loud buzz for perhaps a second or two, but sometimes for as long as 10-15 seconds. Otherwise everything seems normal. What might be wrong?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Is the blower actually working or turning at the time of the buzzing ? Or is it just trying to start up,maybe you could turn it off at the stat and be right at the furnace when someone turns the stat back on and tell where the noise is comeing from exactly
    dwkarch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 04:39 PM
    The blower actually starts along with the buzz.

I just tried twice while at the furnace to try to determine where the buzz comes from, but both times operation was normal, with no buzz.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud buzz in CB panel when A/C turns on [ 4 Answers ]

Each time my central A/C turns on, there is a loud buzz for less than a second from the CB panel, then the A/C comes on and runs just fine. The A/C is a new unit, but I recall hearing the buzz with my old unit for many years and thought it was related to that. I have 200A service but the panel...

Buzz Marketing [ 1 Answers ]

What Is Buzz Marketing? I Have To Make A Slide Presentation So How I Make It Impresive?

Loud buzz when central A/C starts [ 1 Answers ]

Each time my central A/C starts, there is a loud buzz for 1 second. The unit is new and works fine - just wondering if this is unusual. I've been told its probably the relay sending power out to the outside condenser. Anyone else familiar with this?

View more questions Search