Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunny_8 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Vinyl Double Hung Windows don't LOCK
    All,

So I just bought a condo, it has vinyl double hung windows.
    Bad part is that they don't lock. I push the top window as far as possible, and the lower one down as much as it can go, but I am still 1/2 inch off from the latch being able to lock.

How can I correct this ? Is it expensive ? Can I DIY ?

Thanks,
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 04:18 PM
    I don't know if you can fix or replace the lock at all without replacing the entire window housing and stuff, but for a qick fix until you can figure it out, get some bars, metal items, or pieces of wood and put them between window's inside ledge and the window, for some extra safety.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still hung-up on your ex? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I've not posted for a while but this site was a life-line to me last year when my ex-husband was messing me about. He's now married and I worried that he would change for his new wife and she would get the life I wanted - I was assured that leopards don't change their spots and I want to...

Long - not hung up, but confused [ 50 Answers ]

Entire story merged I meet the girl of my dreams at about this time last year and we end up going out for six bliss filled months. We take it slow and cautious, waiting to have sex, waiting to pop the love word for several months, but when we do commit it's something sudden, simultaneous and...

Double Combo vs Double Tee [ 24 Answers ]

Hi All, The drains of my two storey home drain to one point at my basement ceiling, and then vertically to the basement floor via a 3" DWV pipe to a 4" sanitary tee that horizontally provides 1) a clean-out and 2) drain to the septic out the foundation wall. The center-line of the 4" sanitary is...

View more questions Search