Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sonettraining Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Installing a air vent for plumbing.
    Thank you for your advise it has been great!!

Question, when installing new plumbing, putting in the air vent from the drain pipe. The piece that protrudes through the roof, can this be PVC or does it have to be something else.

Also how much should stick out above the roof. We have snow in Colorado.

Thank you

John in woodland park
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 5, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Question, when installing new plumbing, putting in the air vent from the drain pipe. The piece that protrudes through the roof, can this be PVC or does it have to be something else.
    Also how much should stick out above the roof. We have snow in Colorado.
    You may run whatever material the vent pipes are made of out the roof. PVC will be fine.
    Here in Florida,( no snow here) our code calls for at least 6" above the roof line unless the roof is used as a sun deck in which case the vents terminate a 5' above the roof line4. In your area I would call the building department or take a peek at how high your neighbors vents are. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing Vent [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can get my plumbing tube vent through a 2x4? Thanks in advance.

Plumbing Vent [ 3 Answers ]

1)Combination waste and vent has a vent pipe which runs horizontal for 15ft and than rise up through roof. UPC does not have any paragraphs to object this. Does anybody know what the risks are. THis is a system serving to one floor sink only with 2" tail pipe and 3" waste line.

Moving plumbing vent [ 5 Answers ]

I am in the middle of remodeling my bathroom which includes taking out a wall. The wall has the plumbing vent running up through it. I just need to move the vent less than 6 inches to run up through the outside wall to the attic. It looks easy enough, but is it OK to put two bends in the vent pipe...

Plumbing vent to roof [ 1 Answers ]

While trying to run a snake down the roof vent, the darn thing came completely out of the spindle and the snake fell down the vent. Now I have 14' of snake down the darn vent and can't see the free end. Is there some obvious tool I can find or rent that will allow me to fish the thing out? ...

View more questions Search