Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2005, 12:03 PM
    Strange coincidence?
    Okay, I'm not sure if this is supernatural or not, but... it certainly is a strange coincidence, and I'm interested to hear what people on this board think.

At the cemetery near my home, there is a double grave of 2 baby sisters. The first sister died on August 10, 1910, at the age of 2 years. The second sister was born on that same day, August 10, 1910, and died on August 12, 1912. It seems weird to me that they both were born and died at almost exactly the same date, and at the same age. Comments?
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 10, 2005, 12:10 PM
    You know that is creepy. Some people would probably refer to that as reincarnation but why come back only to die at the age of two again? Do you know how the baby's died?
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Dec 10, 2005, 12:24 PM
    Childhood illnesses
    Yes it sound weird, almost like foul play but you have to consider the time they time early 1900’s most children did not make it past the first five years of life. Consider childhood illnesses like tuberculosis diphtheria, whooping cough, scarlet fever, tetanus and so on. There are too many to note. They could have dies from anything. It is truly hard to say.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2005, 12:42 PM
    Thanks crankiebabie and lilfyre! It IS quite creepy to me and I always get a weird feeling when I go to the cemetery and see the grave. Unfortunately I don't know how the babies died, but I have thought of going through old newspapers of the time. We have them on microfiche at our public library. The grave of the 2 sisters is quite elaborate so I assume the family was wealthy. And you would think a wealthy family would print something in the newspaper.

I have thought about all the epidemics at that time too, as you mentioned lilfyre... but that doesn't quite satisfy me because they still died almost exactly 2 years apart, and the younger one was born on the same day that the older one died! Just seems too weird. I guess reincarnation could be an explanation as well, but like you said crankiebabie, why would someone be reincarnated only to die again? Strange... thanks for the responses though! I will let you know if I find anything interesting at the library.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Dec 10, 2005, 12:52 PM
    Researching
    If you find anything out email me please. You can do in my profile I would like to know too. Researching like you said would be I guess news paper would be a good start. It is kind of creepy. I find myself when I go to visit a family member that has past I do the same thing. I have to look at every stone.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2005, 07:12 AM
    Yes, that sounds like it is quite interesting. It does not seem to be any coincidence there. As others have said, even reincarnation. Wonder what they died of?
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2005, 09:34 PM
    I have an interesting update for you all! According to a news article of the time, the older of the two sisters died in a house fire. There is no specific mention of how the younger sister died, but I found her obituary, and it says she died in an "unfortunate accident". I also found that the sisters' mother died shortly after her younger daughter! I'm planning on looking for the mother's grave next time I go to the cemetery.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Dec 14, 2005, 09:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    I have an interesting update for you all! According to a news article of the time, the older of the two sisters died in a house fire. There is no specific mention of how the younger sister died, but I found her obituary, and it says she died in an "unfortunate accident". I also found that the sisters' mother died shortly after her younger daughter! I'm planning on looking for the mother's grave next time I go to the cemetery.
    Wow! That is some creepy coincidence.

Not as drastic but coincidental... all my siblings and myself (4 of us) were born on the first day of the month, 3 months apart (January 1st, March 1st, June 1st). It will be interesting which days we will all croak. We should all die on the 31st day of the month, 3 months apart.
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2005, 11:22 PM
    Coincidences are weird and creepy, huh? I have a friend whose immediate family's special dates all revolve around the various equinoxes of the year... she met her husband on June 21 (the summer equinox), and they got married on December 21 (the winter solstice). Her birthday is the vernal equinox (March 21) and her son was born on September 21 (the autumnal equinox). She is pregnant with her second child right now, and it's due around the end of March, so if it's born anywhere close to March 21, her birthday, it will be very weird!
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2005, 11:51 PM
    Earlier today I braved the cold and snow, went to the cemetery and found the grave of the mother of the 2 baby sisters. I found her grave fairly close to theirs, as well as several other members of the same family. However, I didn't find the grave of her husband anywhere (I knew his name from the newspaper research). Maybe he died several years later and was buried with a second wife, or moved out of the city, etc. I don't why it's bugging me so much, but I still feel like something is very wrong here. Unfortunately the last name of this family is a very common one so I wouldn't know where to start as far as looking for living descendents. Anyway I will continue to do research and keep you guys updated. :)
    Tark Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 19, 2005, 12:42 AM
    Wow - what a yarn!
    I'm a great believer in synchronisity, coincidences and events that affect our lives are all part of our destiny.

Perhaps Orange your destiny is to find out about this family, and somehow put together the puzzle to answer the questions which are nagging at you.

Who knows what lies on the other side, and what you may be able to learn from this all

Goodluck, keep us posted!
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Dec 19, 2005, 08:11 AM
    That is pretty eerie. But like someone said, Children who were born in the early 1900's and earlier many died at young ages because of medical advances not being where they are today. In my opinion it almost sounds like maybe it was genetic. Maybe they had agenetic disease in that family that was a risk factor to a death in childhood. For example from what I know about Cystic Fibrosis, It can show up in a child before the age of five. And back then if a child inherited that disease there weren't any treatments for it. It was a death sentence. Since they were sisters a genetic disease of that type could be to blame. Very interesting.:)
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2005, 10:17 AM
    This is very interesting. If you do look back through old newspapers and discover more info about how they died or any other things that would help aid your question then I would be really interested to know.

It is very creepy!!
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2005, 01:55 PM
    Thanks everyone... maybe I am destined to find out about this family as Tark suggests... who knows! I have been pretty obsessed with it lately, that's for sure!!

I got another "tip" from someone yesterday. At our local library, there are a number of locally published church history books, that include the biographies of local families. I don't know what church this family went to, but I'm willing to spend some time leafing through the different books and see if I can find a story or two about this family. Unfortunately the weather is pretty horrid here right now and I just found out I am pregnant (!! )... so this may have to wait a bit now... I am caught up in the shock and excitement of being a mother in 6 months!! Also, I feel a bit weird, now that I'm expecting, looking up these babies and going to the cemetery. I don't really consider myself that superstitious, but... I just have an odd feeling about "exposing" my baby to it now... it's weird.

Anyway, I'll let everyone know after I've been to the library, which will be after the holidays likely. :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2006, 12:49 PM
    Oh by the way... I've meant to post in this thread again for a while now... as an update.

I haven't been back to the cemetery since before the Christmas holidays. There's a lot of snow here and it's hard to get to the grave now. For all I know, it could be completely covered by snow. Plus as some of you know I am pregnant, and I feel weird about going there while pregnant. My husband agrees and doesn't want me going there until after the baby is born. I wanted to take a picture of the grave to show you guys but that will have to wait I guess.

Probably once we are settled in our new house, I will do some more research on these girls, outside the cemetery. I have not given up on this!
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2006, 08:16 PM
    Document everything! You may end up writing a bestseller about this one. COULD HAPPEN!
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2006, 11:20 AM
    YES you never know! Thanks for the encouragement. Actually I am writing a book about my biological mother right now. :)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2006, 11:33 AM
    Nice work! I like the illustrations.
    Girlthing6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Where are the updates?

Were one of those children reincarnated into your own, what happened with the research?

As with any new mother time gets limited BEYOND limited!. but it's been two years now. Since the significance of two years and the children dying being two, PLEASE update!

God Bless!! I also have a story for you, something you'll find interesting.

~Rose

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Coincidence - or Karma? [ 6 Answers ]

Quickie: My sister-in-law died mysteriously at the home of her ex-husband in Texas in 2001. Her ex-husband died mysteriously in the same home in 2004. There were several things reported to us by a friend of our former in-law that make us feel that Luanne may have taken revenge for her death...

Why does she think I'm strange [ 14 Answers ]

We were going away for the day to a pool party. I asked my girlfriend if it was OK if I put my car in her garage. She was looking at me like why would you do that... so I explained its going to be 90 plus and I thought it would be a good idea to keep it out of the baking sun. Later at the end of...

Coincidence.. Or? [ 4 Answers ]

I was chatting to a lady whose son goes to kindy with my boy. 1. Her son was born in February - so was mine. 2. He is having difficulty with his speech, so is mine. 3. She had PND/psychosis - so did I. 4. She has a girl and a boy, so do I. 5. My sister died suddenly aged 17...

Am I Strange? [ 12 Answers ]

hi I am a male and I am going to be 15 in April.During the last few weeks/months I have been masterbating every 2 or 3 days but I have never actually "cummed". I like girls and everything and get an erection often- at school in front of this girl I have just started going out with and at other...

View more questions Search