Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goodfornothinshovel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Hoping to find a mattress for lower back and hip pain
    I have received 3 spinal injections over the last 7 years for lower back pain. Now my pain has gone more to my hips,but still in my lower back. Is there a mattress for me. The spinal injections are costing $1200 each. I could use another one now. But starting to wonder about a different mattress, even though mine is only 3 years old.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Dec 4, 2007, 11:28 PM
    First of all, owwie... sorry to hear. Second of all, try... or at least take a peek at: Select Comfort: Sleep Number Bed Models, King, Queen, Twin Mattress and more 1-877-878-9931

You can adjust to whatever is the most comfortable depending on your level of pain, or lack of... or just your mood... I want one... my best friend has one... she is a parapalegic and loooooooooooooves her bed... I like to play on it!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 11:43 PM
    Have you tried acupuncture? I've read articles stating that it can be one of the most effective treatments for chronic back pain. Though a recent article said even "fake" acupuncture helps... that even shallow needles at the "wrong" points promote an analgesic effect that can relieve back pain.

My partner has gone to an acupuncturist for several years... completely different problem. But I can tell you this, when western medicine had no further answers for her except radical surgery, live in pain, or take vicodin, acupuncture did the trick.

I'm a fan of western med. I can't listen to the chi talk of eastern med too long without giggling, but I am absolutely amazed at what her treatments have done for her. Within two weeks her pain was 50% of what it had been and she was completely off the loopy meds. Within a year her symptoms were lessened... and over the course of a couple of years, its completely helped her heal.

Just a thought. Insurance doesn't cover the cost, but we flex money for her payments so that helps. Normal treatment for her costs around $50... herbs add an occasional $20 or so on the bill.

I can tell you without her consulting the acupunturist and a really good DO who does impressive manipulative work (not shotgun style... he works specific parts of the body... can tell if you've been sitting on your left foot at your desk) and a decent massage person... well, I wouldn't be a father today. I mean that.

So look into it. Absolutely everything that the acupuncturist said he could do for her he has, except for hastening labor when she was overdue... I'm a chemist. I'm trained in the sciences and I believe western med has a lot to offer, but I'm absolutely blown away by what I've seen with acupuncture.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 11:45 PM
    (Thread moved from Home & Garden - Furniture to Other Health & Wellness to get more exposure to people that are used to answering health-related questions.)

I agree about the Sleep Number beds may be a way to help you. I have tried one, and it was great! Got to choose the way that the mattress conformed to my back for the optimum comfort.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Right lower back pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had this pain now going on two weeks. It really seems to hurt the most when I bend over or raise my right leg to sit on the edge of the bed. Sitting down can also be a challage at times. I have went to several doctors and they can't give me a answer to what or why it is hurtting so bad. In...

Pain in lower back. [ 3 Answers ]

Been having a constant pain in my right side. Kind of in my back. And lately been having the urge to go to the bathroom a lot more then usual. And when I have to go to the bathroom the pain get worse and it hurts bad enough to cry. And the pain spreads all over. It hurts to lay on my left side. And...

Lower right back pain [ 1 Answers ]

I have pain in my lower right side ubove my cheek, it hurt a lot. What could it be?

Pain in lower back [ 0 Answers ]

My friend is having lower back pain, actually right above his buttocks. He says that it feels like a burning sensation that lasts about 10 seconds and then goes and returns again. He has had this pain for about 1 day. He has not lifted any heavy objects and doesn't believe he has pulled any...

View more questions Search