Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Dec 4, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Water coming back up pipes
    Here is a quick run down... Sunday water started coming up into my tubs in both bathrooms. This water had toilet paper residue in it. When ever the water was running or the toilet was flushed the water would come up. I bought a powerful liquid to power down the drains and it fixed the problem.

Today (three days later) my roommate finished showering and then flushed the toilet. Water started rising again but this time there are leaves in it! I have no idea what in the world to do! Help!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 5, 2007, 08:45 AM
    You have a partially blocked drain line. All your fixture drains eventually all come together into one main pipe and that's the one that is blocked. Are you in a home, apartment, condo??

Dec 5, 2007, 07:21 PM
    I'm in a home

Dec 5, 2007, 07:21 PM
    I'm in a home

Dec 6, 2007, 10:16 AM
    OK looks like wew need to rod the main drain. This can be messy but doesn't require a great deal of skill or money. Do you want to go ahead with this or call a plumber? You will need to buy or rent a 1/2" snake tp rod the pipe. If that finds a large blockage or roots you may need to rent a power drain auger with a cutter head. Let me know if you want to go ahead.

Dec 8, 2007, 02:36 PM
    I ended up having a plumber come out... he said I have a sag in my pipe that caused things to get clogged.

Dec 9, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Glad he got it fixed but how did he find a snag, did he use a camera like a SeeSnake? I'm not there so I won't say anything about a plumber but snags are like chickens teeth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud constant noise coming from water pipes [ 3 Answers ]

Last night I began hearing this loud earpiercing vibrating sound coming from my water pipes. It is loudest in the basement and up into both bathrooms on the main and upper levels of the house. Then noise is constant until a toilet is flushed and it suddenly disappears only to return when the toilet...

Weird noises coming from heat pipes in the wall [ 1 Answers ]

I have absolutely no idea what type of heater/furnace I have in my house. Anyway, this is my second winter living in my new home. This winter has been especially cold. Recently, I was awakened in the middle of the night by the sounds of water flowing through pipes in the wall. I soon realized...

Why does she keep coming back? [ 3 Answers ]

I started dating a girl in October. The first three weeks went well but after that everything went down hill. We would always argue and break up and get back together, it was crazy. We both have treated treated really badly at times. But neither one of us can let go of the other one exspecially...

Belching Noises coming from pipes [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 10 year old house that has a septic system with a 1,500 gallon tank. Lately I have been hearing numerous “belching” noises coming from various parts of the pipes in the basement. Does this indicate clogging? Does this indicate a serious problem?

View more questions Search