Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 03:12 PM
    Adt security
    Hi,
    I have purchased the installation of an alarm security system for my business. The vendor name is adt security.

What accounts should I post for the purchase of the alarm system?

Each month, which accounts will I post if any.

What category in accounts would this fall under i.e.. Current asset, other asset or what?

Thank you so much.
    Gator1087 Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Dec 4, 2007, 06:16 PM
    I can tell you that it is definitely not a current asset, it would be part of property, plant, and equipment. You would capitalize the costs of the alarm system and all the costs associated with it (instillation if it's not included, rewiring electrical unit if necessary, etc.) to a new asset account and call it alarm system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keep having a security pop up [ 1 Answers ]

I keep having a pop up telling me that I have some corrupt files and I need to go to registrycleanerxp.com get the download and the pop up would stop, but its wanting me to buy the product and I don't want to buy something like that. Is there another way to fix the problem?

Security [ 1 Answers ]

How much can a landlord charge for security deposit for a pet in the state of New Jersey? Also do they have to put the security deposit in a New Jersey bank or can they put it in a PA bank?

My security [ 2 Answers ]

I was renting a duplex and the lease expired on 07/31/06. On 08/05/06, I went to see my landlord to drop off rent for the month of August and to talk to him about renewing my lease since him nor his wife came to me before the expiration of my lease to discuss this matter with me. After I handed...

Security [ 3 Answers ]

I just installed a new version of Norton's Internet Security. Now a box will pop up asking me if I want to allow certain sites. How can I make an informed decision when it just says hcm.exe. I do not know what program this would allow to execute. Can you tell me what hcm.exe is and how I can find...

Security [ 3 Answers ]

Recently divorcing and having utilized many different options to get information from husbands cell, computer, etc. via this site... I've come to realize that security is not as secure as one may think. Can anyone tell me a program or system (I'm not computer literate here) that can secure your...

View more questions Search