Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luluebba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Hot water running out
    We have a State Select water heater in our house and it's been giving us a problem in monitoring the water heat. After a couple of showers hot water runs out. When we reset the reset button we get hot water , but very hot water. Then after a couple of showers , hot water runs out and we have to reset again. Can somebody please tell us the resolution for this problem?

Thanks.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 03:07 PM
    First, how old is it? Second have you drained it lately? Third, if I understand correctly it is tripping the circuit breaker on the water heater itself? Sounds like a faulty thermostat or one that is not adjusted properly. It should be adjusted to yield about 140 degree water. Any hotter than that and you will start to have problems.
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Dec 4, 2007, 09:18 PM
    The reset on the water heater trips if the tank overheats. One of the thermostats is sticking and keeping the heating element on. The best thing to do is to replace both upper and lower thermostats because they are pretty inexpensive and hard to determine wich one is going bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant running water noise, old water softener pipes? [ 3 Answers ]

When we bought our house, it came with a decommissioned water softener in the laundry room. The pipes behind it (I'm assuming in and out) were capped off with plastic plugs that toggle back and forth. If you're familiar with Dr. Dolittle, I'd call it a pushmi-pullyu setup. (sorry, I'm an admin, not...

Running water sound in water pressure tank [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure if I have a bad bladder in my water pressure tank but here is what I have. When my submersible pump kicks on I hear what sounds like water and air mixing in the tank. The house pressure comes up to about 50 PSI and takes time to bleed down. Could I have air in the tank from the well...

No water running from Cold water Tap [ 2 Answers ]

I get water in my hot water tap but do not get water in cold water tap. I open the tap fully but not a drop. Any suggestions? Please help.

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

Vibrating (Banging) Water Pipes (Water Running) [ 2 Answers ]

When upstairs tub valve is opened for the first time in the evening, loud banging noise sometimes ensues from pipes. Banging is alleviated when supply is redirected to showerhead, or when water is turned off. Single-handle Pegasus (Home Depot) valve. No issues when supply is off (not "water...

View more questions Search